Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Double Guns Journal
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
neill mcinnis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Double Guns Journal

I would like to poll the Parker gun membership who receive the Double Guns Journal if they have a problem receiving their magazine on schedule. I live in Fayetteville N.C. and at times my magazine may take 2 months or better to arrive. I have called DGJ to complain and they state it is the postal service. My Fall issue arrived 3 weeks ago and the winter is yet to show. I love the magazine but this is quite frustrating. Of all my subscriptions,Shooting Sportsman, Skeet Shooting Review and Sporting Classics DGJ is the only one that presents this problem. I would like to hear from others if they share the same experience.
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Joe Wood
PGCA Member

Member Info

Look at it this way, Neill.....it just gives you more time to anticipate its arrival. Sorta like having a piece of candy when you were a kid--then with one gulp it's gone.

Seems as though most of us at one time or another have the same problem you're experiencing. It's a frequent topic over on the Double Gun Shop BBS and no one has ever been able to find rhyme or reason for it.
Joe Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

The only thing that makes any sense at all is that it is a result of the the regional or local USPS handling and delivery policies on media mail.
According to both Village Press and Double Gun Journal their entire issue mailing gets dropped at the post office on the same day for distribution by the USPS. From there it is out of the publisher's hands.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
Parkerman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I always thought the Postman liked to read the DGJ as much as I did
Linn Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

Anymore, it's about the only thing that comes in the mail that I don't through away. My winter edition arrived here on the west coast about two or three weeks ago.
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
Mike McKinney
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Evidently, for this type publication including PP the NC sorting at the post office must be some of the last. By the time I get my PP people have already stoppped raving about how great this issue is. Our publication is always as good as described but I usually know what to expect from the comments on line. There must be a postal regulation/deadline and NC must push it to the limit.
Mike McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Some of this may fall on the way the folks at DGJ package their product. I received the fall issue taped to another issue for a customer in northern CT. I forwarded it to him.
Unread 12-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #8
neill mcinnis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Double Guns Journal

Dave,
My fall issue came bundled with two other issue for others in Fayetteville. I fowarded one and knew the other person so I dropped it by his office.
Unread 12-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #9
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

The speed of the arrival of my DGJ is directly dependent upon how much Eukanuba the USPS dog driver feeds his huskies. My DGJ and PP are usually pretty late in coming.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #10
Dale Zywina
Forum Associate

Member Info

Its hard enough to get a good gun book here in Canada, so I was sad when my local book vendor told me that no more DGJ would be brought into his shop anylonger due to DGJ nolonger selling to vendors, well this was a highlight of myself and my friends month when we could go in and pick up our journal! Now I have nothing to look forward to get every few months due to new policy? The Vendor even inquired into pre ordering the magazines personally to bring in for me and my friends, a flat no was the awnser! I know, just order a subscription, but I hate getting a magazine in the mail as they end up half destroyed by the time they reach all the way up here into Northern Canada, sorry for the rant, But damb I missing my DGJ, and am going into withdrawl's for the last 6 months! Dale Z!
Dale Zywina is offline   Reply With Quote