Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Help the kids win $100 & PGCA Membership....
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Default Help the kids win $100 & PGCA Membership....

Every year, many of us take to the field and woods for hunting season, and before the season arrives, some of us spend days shooting clays - trap, Sporting Clays, 5-stand, skeet - whatever...

So, this month (and this contest will run through the remainder of 2011), here is the contest.

Before December 31, 2011, post up any picture(s) taken anytime DURING THE LAST TWO YEARS of your son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, children of your friends - shooting a shotgun (of course, a Parker is preferable, but NOT required) in any competition, shooting event and/or hunting endeavor. We will then vote on the pictures submitted that best represents:

"Young Shooters - The Next Generation"

If selected as the winning photograph, that young man or woman will receive a $100 gift certificate from The Kittery Trading Post located in Kittery Maine. They can use that either on-line on the website or in the store for any product or merchandise (if it's on-line, their parent or guardian will have to place the order for them, due to age requirements of on-line commerce).

As well, I personally will also extend to them a complementary Annual PGCA Membership - with all the "fixin's" (Parker Pages, Card, Certificate, etc..)

If there is a tie in the voting between two pictures, both young winners will each receive a $100 Gift card and each, their own PGCA Membership.

So - the rules are simple....

- All pictures must be submitted on or before December 31, 2011. If you have any difficulty posting your pics, simply e-mail me, and I'll post your pictures for you. As well - please post the pictures in this thread, OK?

- All picture entries must have consent of their parents or legal guardian to be posted on the PGCA website, as all are minors. For that - you do NOT have to post their full names - and their "nickname" will be more than fine.

- All the contestants must not be over 21 years as of December 31, 2011 - as this is for the kids.

My Best to all - and..

Good luck to all the entrants..!!!!

John D.
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but I'd like to enter this into the contest. This was his first duck hunt. Matt killed the first four birds he shot at. (His average slipped after that, however) It isn't a Parker, but his Great Grandpa was a Remington Director.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ‏first duck 2011.jpg (527.8 KB, 6 views)
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but I'd like to enter this into the contest. This was his first duck hunt. Matt....
Now...

That's what I'm talking about....!! OUTSTANDING!!!

As well, I'm expanding the rules a bit - because I want to keep all this for the young folks... If you post a picture of a young man or woman, please e-mail me IN PRIVATE - PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ON THE FORUM -- either your mailing address, or the mailing address of the young man or woman whose picture you are posting. At the end of this competition, in my world - they are all winners... So......

They all should all be recognized by the PGCA...

So, if you post a picture of one of these young folks, please e-mail me your, or their, mailing address at john@reutterwerk.com - again, please do not post their/your mail address in public in this thread...

In my world...

It's time to recognize all in the "Next Generation" who are carrying forward the values and what we hold near and dear. Things like early morning frost, listening to a dog's bell or bay, ducks coming in at first light, a clay target that magically appears, and.. Or...

Big D - a wonderful picture...!!!

My thanks to all...!!

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
First bird
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Blind Dog
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default First bird

John, Here's my 13 year old grandson, Garrett, with his first bird taken with my old VH a year ago this Thanksgiving. It was taken after a nice find and point by Pete, the Pointer. I flushed it and it was movin' out; I told Garrett he better start shootin'. He did, and dropped it about 45 yards out and Pete went and picked it up and brought it back to us. Garrett is pictured here with his home buddy, Duke, who has not been hunting before either. Both Garrett and his younger brother James are Ringnecks with PF now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garrett with his bird, 11-26-10_1.JPG (2).jpg (212.9 KB, 4 views)
Fred Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Preston For Your Post:
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

These are wonderful!!!!

Fred - thank you so much for posting..!!! Along with great pictures and stories to go along with the posts above.....

Just simply....

Thank you...!!!

John
Unread 11-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

This is a picture of my son Edward shooting in the Challenge Cup at Sanford in 2010 when he was 13. He missed the team in 2009 by two birds and missed it by one bird this year. If the house was to catch on fire that red Parker team hat would be the first thing he'd grab going out the door. He's shooting a tightly choked VH next to Doc Truitt. I was one proud pop that day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg southern20101.jpg (66.7 KB, 3 views)
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,549 Times in 504 Posts

I,d like to show a picture of my Grandson T.J. Wilson holding the first duck that he shot with a Parker 20 ga. 32 inch barrels VHE straight grip. I will not enter picture for contest because when he shot this mallard at Jims creek outside of Palmer Alaska he was 12 and he now is 23. Thomas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t J Wilson.jpg (354.6 KB, 5 views)
Thomas L. Benson Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Thomas L. Benson Sr. For Your Post:
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Mr. Benson,

Very cool. Very nice story and what a cool gun to take your first duck with. Thanks for sharing.

John
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 11-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Following on Thomas' lead, here is a youngster starting out - not entered, just shared. My "little" brother with grouse taken with single shot Cooey Model 84 - 20 gauge. The little guy is now 6'4" 250lbs 57 years young. We both live far from the Rocky Mountains of our youth now. I recently gave the Cooey to a farmer with three young boys, one of whom is starting out.

Cheers,
Jack
Fall Classic
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
John Liles
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Fall Classic

Hello All! I'll try to post a picture of my daughter, Alyssa (Lizard) Liles at this years Fall Classic in Georgetown. She had been having some gun fit issues with her 12ga Elsie Pigeon Grade, when Carl Brandt suggested that maybe an elevator pad would be just the ticket. Dr. Truitt happened to be toting a 34" Parker 16ga, and Carl snapped this photo during an impromptu fit-up session in the parking area (Parkering Area?). In any event, the gun seemed to fit and Dr. Truitt was kind enough to let her try it out at the Team Challenge venue. Her score ended up 4 birds higher than it had been the day before with her Pigeon gun, and Dr. Recuriter, er I mean Truitt, offered to let her shoot it in the Main Event the following morning. She ended up Runner Up Lady, only bested by two birds, in the main event. Elevator Pad on order for her Elsie, nuff said!
Just another example of the camaraderie present amongst us vintage type guys. If I understand correctly, that 34" 16ga "loaner" from Dr. Truitt was one-of-a-kind, and Lizard considers herself mighty lucky to have had a chance to shoot it in the event. She'll be 20 this year, and this was her 4th Southern SXS attendance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010633.jpg (529.6 KB, 7 views)
John Liles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Liles For Your Post: