Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Central Montana 2020 Bird Season
Unread 10-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
George "Scott" Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,336 Times in 363 Posts

Default Central Montana 2020 Bird Season

Arrived home last night from 7 days of hunting in central Montana. The weather in Montana forgot to read the National Weather Service forecasts so instead of beautiful fall temperature we hunted in wind ( 30-40 mph depending on the day), rain, sleet and snow.
Great pheasant hunting, shoot more Huns this year then previous 3 years combined however Sharptail numbers were down.
Special trip for me as my Brittany had broken her leg as a puppy and this year the Orthopedic Veterinary broke the leg, set and inserted steel plate and screws to correct the deformity. Started the week limiting her hunting time to 2 hours or less per day. Last day of the hunt she hunted 6 hours and was phenomenal, unless you see the scars on the leg you never know what she has been through.
Getting out of Montana on Saturday was 6 hours of driving in 4 high in heavy snow storm. Lewistown area forecast is snow starting last Saturday calls for snow 6 of next 8 days.
Since Mearns Quail population is down I'm planning to return to Central Montana for a late season hunt in December. Weather permitting.

PS: Sunday I spent the night in Kanab, UT so early Monday morning I could be drive the 90 minutes and watch the sunrise over the Vermilion Cliff National Monument in Northern Arizona. It was spectacular.
George Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to George Davis For Your Post:
Unread 10-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #2
George "Scott" Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,336 Times in 363 Posts

Vermilion Cliffs
https://www.blm.gov/national-conserv...rmilion-cliffs
George Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to George Davis For Your Post:
Unread 10-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
Chris Robenalt
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,061 Times in 283 Posts

I hope those repairs held and the recoil pad worked. Really had to fudge that curve Scott! I wish they had a metal plate to retain the curve like the one I put on your LeFever. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm anxious to get out for Gambels. Most likely I'll go the 31st, just to hot still.
Chris Robenalt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Robenalt For Your Post: