Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

1988 Parker Reproduction with 2 3/4" DAH
Unread 01-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Bill Anderson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default 1988 Parker Reproduction with 2 3/4" DAH

On page 174 of "The Parker Story", middle of the page, it shows a chart of Parker Reproduction shotguns offered in 1988 with 2 3/4 DAH compared to 2 3/16" DAH offered on all guns previously manufactured. I am looking for one of these in 28 gauge with 28" mod & full barrels. Trigger & grip not important on a so hard to find shotgun. Has anyone ever seen one of these Parker Repros with this "more fitting" drop for me? Please respond here or PM. Thank you!
Bill Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,718 Posts

I have what I consider to be a rather complete collection of Parker Repro paper. Among those documents are some that exhibit misprint or mistype information. Your 2 3/4" drop dimension, in my opinion, is a misprint of some sort. It wouldn't make a lot of difference anyhow. The drop at heel is not what contacts your cheek. You have to buy a common Repro and shave the comb or start shooting at their feet. The Repro market today is a bit soft and you may be able to find what you are looking for. However, in recent history, a 28" 28 gauge one barrel gun has been quite elusive. It is better to bite the bullet and spend a few extra bucks to buy a two barrel set. That's what I did and I am grateful that I showed such foresight.

Last edited by Bill Murphy; 01-30-2010 at 08:37 PM..
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

I agree with bill....If any factory guns exist with sutch drop it would have been a insiders special request. Lots of talk about bending stocks...have not explored that option? Maybe it would work? At any rate I would look for a gun that has isues and customize it. The repro market is only soft becouse the prices will not going up and stablelize. Even in this economy they keep going up-up-up. The hard to find guns do not last...even at the high end asking prices! Few deals to be found unless its a common single trigger gun. Advice....if you like it..buy it now...they will be up 500-1000 next year at this time! Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,718 Posts

Double trigger 28 gauge two barrel sets have been known to sell for over ten grand at one time. Julia sold one for about ten a couple years ago. Since then, there have been some bargains, especially at RIA when they sold a flock of them in a single auction. Now we're back to only seeing the hot variations once in a while, and for a short time.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote