Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

ANNOUNCEMENT: The 2024 Distinguished Service Award and deadlines for nomination
Unread 03-04-2024, 10:34 AM   #1
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,539 Times in 4,621 Posts

Default ANNOUNCEMENT: The 2024 Distinguished Service Award and deadlines for nomination

The PGCA Distinguished Service Awards will be presented at this years annual meeting and banquet which will be held in conjunction with the Southern SxS Classic in Sanford, NC. The dinner/meeting will be held on Friday April 26, 2024. This is your reminder and call for nominations.

Nomination Criteria: The selection of the award recipients is based on nomination of their peers. PGCA members should nominate fellow members that they feel have gone 'above and beyond ' the ordinary and will have distanced themselves by the merit of their deeds. They will have furthered the mission of the PGCA and will have promoted good will and fellowship among members and visitors at activities including the Forum, PGCA sanctioned events, PGCA displays, and PGCA 'headquarters' at shows and events. They will have given freely of their time in doing these deeds and will have presented a friendly face of the PGCA.

As a reminder, the tabulation of the nominations are taken over a previous rolling 3 year period. The PGCA will present 2 recipients with the award. Please take the time to submit some nominations for deserving individuals.

Nominations can be submitted by going to the homepage, clicking on the "Awards and Recognitions" tab on the left menu and navigating to the nomination form.

Please remember that current members of the PGCA Board of Directors are NOT eligible for the award. And I would also exclude myself from that as well being the Chair of the committee. PAST serving board members CAN be considered. Please also look at the list of the previous award recipients as they cannot be nominated again. Individuals can nominate as many members (once per year) as they want who they think are deserving.

I am going to set the deadline for accepting nominations for 2024 as Midnight Friday April 19th. As the awards will be announced at the annual meeting the following week.

I will add a very important note to this announcement. The last couple of years, the number of nominations has been pretty lackluster. In order for the program to be able to continue, a pool of members must be available. And that depends on YOU. So, please nominate individuals that you would like to see recognized for their service.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 04-15-2024, 12:44 PM   #2
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Less than a week away from the deadline for nominations! I have receive a few, but not many. If there is ANYONE that you think deserves their recognition for their service to the PGCA, please get your nomination in ASAP.
Unread 04-17-2024, 05:47 PM   #3
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,430 Times in 1,647 Posts

sorry I PM my response
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2024, 11:01 AM   #4
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Nominations are now closed for this years DSA.