Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 05-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #11
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,836 Times in 2,363 Posts

From introduction in 1922 --

1922 Lefever Arms Co., Inc. folder.JPG

up through the 1928 Lefever Nitro Special flyer they were shown with the half-pistol grip. Beginning with the 1929 Lefever poster the Nitro Special is shown with the capped full pistol grip. Don't have a picture of the 1929 poster on file, but here is the 1930 which adds the vent rib double trap gun --

1930 Poster.jpg

The definitive work on the Ithaca Gun Co. Lefevers is Walter Snyder's article in The Double Gun Journal, Volume Thirty, Issue 1.

Similarly, J. Stevens Arms Co.'s low priced hammerless double their Riverside Arms Co. No. 315 had a half pistol grip from its introduction before WW-I through the 1927 catalog --

No. 315 Catalog No. 57, 1927.jpg

By the 1929 J. Stevens Arms Co. catalog they had renamed their low priced line to Springfield Arms Co. and the No. 315 had a full pistol grip.
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Noreen For Your Post:
Unread 05-10-2021, 01:25 PM   #12
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

I picked up, and brought home the wrong dog from the boarding kennel (Black Lab) Don't ask how. My wife reminds Ms monthly, and it's been 3 years. Terrible price to pay
Unread 05-10-2021, 06:16 PM   #13
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Jerry ,I can relate !!!! I keep a small boat , " Row Boat " that I put a 3 HP Electric Motor on at a Spotrsman Club Lake about 60 Miles from home !So a couple years ago I said to my Daughter , why don't you come up and You , Mum and I will drive down to the lake for some evening fishing ,spend the night with us and when we get home we will filet up some Blue Gills and Bass and have them for a late dinner like when you were a kid ! She thought that was a Great Idea so I spend the day lining up all of our fishing stuff ,along with a Cooler of snacks ,sandwich's and goodies ,bait etc. ! About Four PM we arrive at the lake put the boat in the water , we put on our life vests ,load our cooler of goodies ,bait etc. in the boat Sarah takes her place in the Front ,My wife in the center passing out snacks from the cooler and I am in the back heading out to our favorite spot when my Daughter asks if I didn't bring her a Rod ????? That's when it hit me ,I DIDN'T BRING ANYBODY A ROD they were still leaning against the stone wall 60 Miles away by the garage !!!!!! A quick trip to Walmart and a Hundred Dollars later , Three Rods and a nice evening fishing !
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 05-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #14
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,795 Times in 3,967 Posts

thank the LORD for walmart.....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2021, 01:50 PM   #15
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Been forgetful for a long time. Always something else whizzing through the brain when I should be concentrating on something more important in that moment. I call it Adult Attention Deficit Disease. Apparently a disease is better to have than disorder when it comes to health care so sticking with disease. Worst forgetting was as a young guy trying to get my fairly recent bride interested in hunting. Got up early to be in the foothills of the Rockies before sunrise to see if we might get a bull elk. About an hour from home it flashed through my brain that the rifle was still sitting by the door. Well that blew timing but we went home got the rifle and tried again. It was a good day in the hills but no elk seen. The girl never did take to hunting but cooked it all so life was good. Fast forward 50+ years and it seems there’s always something that gets missed - even lunch left in the fridge. I finally relented and no longer rely on memory. It’s not like I haven’t had hundreds of hunting trips in life so you would think a routine would be burned into the brain. I now use a check list that would rival a jet pilot's takeoff sequence. I use it faithfully and tick off every box once something is actually in the vehicle. That’s the important part as I was ticking things off in the house and found myself in the field still having left an item behind even though the box was marked. I’m good now as long as I can find the file in the computer to print off more sheets this fall. Too much fun surviving the senior years. Cheers Jack
Unread 05-16-2021, 04:49 AM   #16
Peter A Van Tassell
Forum Associate

Member Info

I used to get upset about forgetting, but nowadays I just sit back and enjoy it. I figured and empty brain and a full belly feels good. Besides. you work your whole life to get to that point, so why not?
Peter A Van Tassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter A Van Tassell For Your Post:
Unread 05-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #17
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,135 Posts

Dogs are one item that cannot be forgotten in our household. We have 3 GSPs, and they are hyper aware of any move that constitutes a hunt. A shotgun coming out of the safe, duffel bags of gear, hunting partner sipping coffee in the kitchen before dawn. You ain't getting anything past the dogs!
I had one camped out on top of my duffel bags once. No, not gonna miss taking the dogs. No siree!
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
The Wifie
Unread 05-19-2021, 11:00 AM   #18
Larry the Gun Guy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,554 Times in 380 Posts

Default The Wifie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
I picked up, and brought home the wrong dog from the boarding kennel (Black Lab) Don't ask how. My wife reminds Ms monthly, and it's been 3 years. Terrible price to pay
Wives are good at that!
Larry Stauch is offline   Reply With Quote