Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 02-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #21
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Boyt Harness has been wonderful to deal with. I bought a case and it was the wrong length, no problem a replacement was on it's way before I could send the wrong one back. I have a couple of VERY old cases that needed repair for zippers and straps. They replaced it all at no charge.
Unread 02-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #22
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

You're different than I am Rich. I worry over buying things from these old school companies like Boyt and LL Bean that used to be Made in USA and have now sold out going straight Made in China. It bothers me, and I just won't hardly do it. I can find stuff on the secondary market that's solid and made here if I'm willing to wait and look hard enough. If I buy new, it's from outfits that still sell some good old American gear. I barely darkened the door of a Cabela's or a Bass Pro in 10 years. It just bugs me, so I avoid places like that.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #23
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Oh I hear you Destry but unfortunately we can't buy 100% made in USA any more but hopefully that is changing slowly but surely. It's still refreshing to know that there are companies out there who offer exemplary customer service and Boyt is one of them.

I don't frequent Cabela's either and have never been in a Bass Pro.
Unread 02-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #24
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Duluth Pack and Frost River both make great gun cases in a similar style to Boyt and they both make them right here in the USA.

I was down at Knutson's the other day and saw a great looking similar case made by Allen that was marked USA. Nice price, but it was a short one, and all my guns are long. I jumped on my phone as soon as I got in the truck to order the same case in the long model. Well apparently Allen is heading towards straight China and sure enough the one I wanted wasn't made in the USA anymore.

But to their credit, Allen does still make some stuff here.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #25
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for the info Destry.
Unread 02-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #26
Kirk Potter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
Duluth Pack and Frost River both make great gun cases in a similar style to Boyt and they both make them right here in the USA.
Destry, had not heard of Duluth Pack before.. Looks like some quality gear.
Kirk Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #27
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

I like Filson and Russell boots. Made in America, at least last I checked, and quality stuff
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post: