Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Glad to be here!
Unread 04-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #1
Frank Wilson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Glad to be here!

Hello from Oklahoma. Longtime admirer of vintage SxS shotguns and recently had the fortune of owning one at a price I could justify to the boss (now that 4 daughters are done with college). I'm the proud owner of a 1903 (117,330)Parker 16 V grade 0 frame. Just the kind of gun I always wanted for dove and quail hunting here in southern OK. Not really interested in ever selling since I'd like to give to the first grandson someday but I would still like everyone's thoughts on whether to restock this old gun. The gun locks up tight on face and seems to be mechanically sound as ever. No case color left on receiver and little bluing left on barrels. Fore end stock is "perfectly worn" in my uneducated opinion. But my question is whether there is a chance the butt stock is original even though there is no checkering and I can't see any evidence of it ever having any? Butt plate and pistol grip cap appears worn and original and fit perfectly. I plan to leave everything as is if stock is original but would like to replace and spruce it up if not. Thoughts?

P.S. I know pics will help and I'll post asap if I can figure out how.
Frank Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Wilson For Your Post: