Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #21
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Maybe they don't want criminals to become bullet proof (like they are going to obey the law).
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wayne goerres For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2015, 12:08 AM   #22
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

There is also level 4 body armor available that will repel a 7.62 round. Body armor is getting increasingly lighter and more effective. Some of the level 3 stuff weighs at least 35#. Don't know how anyone could wear it under much activity in a hot climate. And a dizzying variety of body armor and vests to carry it in are readily available at gun shows and off the Internet.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 342 Posts

Gentlemen,the ATF wants to disarm you in any way they can.If you think they will not come after your Parkers,you are sadly mistaken.When I pointed out to an ATF agent that my store inventory was 90% curio and relics,his answer was "I know you don't sell crime guns,I don't care.Your guns are no different than an AK47 to me."That pretty well sums up their attitude.They are not our friends.
John Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #24
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

It may be against the law where you live but, to the best of my knowledge, not in SC.
David
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #25
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
This is only the steel core armor piercing ammo. Nothing to do with .223 lead bullets. I'm not aware that anybody uses armor piercing bullets for fox or prairie dogs.

The armor piercing rounds will penetrate cars or Kevlar vests.
This is just the beginning. That's like saying it's just a little skin cancer nothing to worry about
Unread 02-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #26
Ray Masciarella
Forum Associate

Member Info

This is a subject I should stay out of but I can't.

2d Amendment: There is no need for the 2d Amendment to address sporting arms and ammo. The Sup Ct in the recent Heller and MacDonald cases held that individuals are entitled to own and possess firearms for self defense (and other reasons). It doesn't matter what type of firearm it is so long as it is the type traditionally used for that purpose, eg rifle, shotgun, handgun, etc. It can't be a RPG.

Law enforcement: Here is where I'll really get in trouble if my words are misconstrued. Why can LEOs wear a vest and citizens cannot. We can't protect ourselves in the same fashion? Generally, law enforcement cannot protect us from say a home invasion unless they are posted at our front doors. All they can do is investigate the crime once it happens and hopefully catch the criminal. Now I don't believe many of us would wear a vest in our homes, but who is to say we cannot?

The militarization of law enforcement is concerning. At a duck hunt this season, a federal officer showed up in a vest with all sorts of different weapons hanging all over him. To do what? Protect himself against a bunch of duck hunters with bird shot? It is nothing more than intimination in my view.

The gov't wants all the goodies. it will tell you it is for our security. The more freedom we give up for the sake of security, the less we will have of both.
Ray Masciarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #27
Allan McLane
PGCA Member

Member Info

Here is another article that examines the strategies being used to manipulate the rules for ideological purposes:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...n-d-williamson

I'm betting they'll find some rubric to take down shotgun shells next...

As Rick Losey said over in the recent NRA Membership post, "Heck- think what would happen if every gun owner voted, and voted as if they wanted to keep them." It's high time we all made more noise over this!
allan.mclane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to allan.mclane For Your Post: