Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #11
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,215 Times in 896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Delk View Post
I believe it is also against the law for civilians to wear body armor.
I find that strange since civilians are shot in far greater numbers than law enforcement officers.
Not correct, but there is a bill in Congress, presented at the end of January, that would make it a felony for American Citizens to own type 3 body armor, bill is HR 378. Has not passed yet.
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:28 PM   #12
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Good to know what is behind this. The article I read was current (at least it seemed to be) and led me to believe they were taking action against "regular" 5.65 ammo by using the armor piercing reg and that it had not yet been acted upon. Looks like that was wrong on all counts. I'm sorry for making this post.

Maybe the moderator should close this thread?
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #13
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm glad to hear that it is not the law.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #14
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

The public should be able to overthrow a "police state". At least two of the above points threaten that capacity.
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #15
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

xxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wpid-salinas+police+MRAP+DHS+tank_o1.jpeg1_.jpg (238.2 KB, 2 views)
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #16
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,273 Times in 2,427 Posts

Steve;
What exactly is a type 3 vest and why would they want to outlaw them? I have a business associate who has a business in downtown Baltimore. He has been robbed once and pistol whipped another time. He endured a two year battle to get a concealed carry permit here in the peoples republic of Maryland and wears a vest while at work.
Unread 02-17-2015, 08:13 PM   #17
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Yeah, that's what everyone says - just surrender if the SHTF. And that's what they want everyone to think, but how many of those do they have? I live in a city of 5 million people. A local police department doesnt have the muscle to truly clamp down a community. The FEDs are who people don't trust. Or maybe just a zip code wide looting event. What happens when our fiat currency crumbles?

Here's an MRAP that didn't make it home Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle
Unread 02-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #18
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

I just don't trust the federal government after being part of the Vietnam fiasco and view any attempt by them to make it easier to quell civilian unrest as reason to be concerned.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Delk For Your Post:
Unread 02-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #19
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,215 Times in 896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
Steve;
What exactly is a type 3 vest and why would they want to outlaw them? I have a business associate who has a business in downtown Baltimore. He has been robbed once and pistol whipped another time. He endured a two year battle to get a concealed carry permit here in the peoples republic of Maryland and wears a vest while at work.
Level III is typically the highest level of protection you will find in soft armor. This vest will protect you from everything from a BB gun to a .44 magnum. As to why a bill was filed to make them against the law, your theory is as good as mine.
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Hodges For Your Post:
Unread 02-17-2015, 09:19 PM   #20
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Delk View Post
I just don't trust the federal government after being part of the Vietnam fiasco and view any attempt by them to make it easier to quell civilian unrest as reason to be concerned.
There are many examples of our government unfairly using force against citizens. Some like the WWI veterans who went to Washington D.C. to protest the government reneging on it's promise of a "bonus" payment is forgotten. There are many other examples, Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco............

http://www.worldwar1.com/dbc/bonusm.htm
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote