Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #61
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
Mr. Corley:
Don't let the naysayers get to you. As someone who owns more than one fine gun with outstanding provenance, I can tell you that your Parker 28 undoubtedly has added value.

How "much" is the question. And to answer that, you have to sell the gun. Which is something none of us like to do.

But think of it this way: Take that Parker and its provenance to Cowan's and put it alongside a few other Parker 28s in roughly the same condition. Then let the bidding begin.

I will wager that your gun brings a LOT more!

So, relax. And enjoy your treasure. It will return a worthy price when you are ready to sell. The rest of this is just talk...
Some of you guys can leave a fellow shaking his head. No where has anyone said that the provenance of this gun does not add value, so to label anyone as a naysayer is a bit of an overreach. How much it adds will be unknown until it goes to a buyer. 100% of the people who have ever visited this website should be able to agree with that last sentence.

I had asked about the gun's LOP earlier. A short gun might indicate the intended shooter in the family, given that there were no children in the household. A longer LOP might suggest the gun was intended for Mr. Astor. Maybe, maybe not but if you knew for a fact the gun was the personal firearm of either the wife versus Vincent Astor, then how would that effect the provenance value? A little? A lot? Depends on the buyer, right?
That's not being a naysayer.

Last edited by will evans; 02-08-2015 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: changed possessive of word guns to gun's
will evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #62
mike corley
Forum Associate

Member Info

LOP is 14 1/2 I believe but will check when I get home.
mike corley is offline   Reply With Quote