Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Well well. A banker buddy sent that to me. Thanks for setting me straight. Maybe I should have checked it first.

But anyway, I have no fear. Our spokesmodel in Washington will, like Moses, lead us out of debt, fear and bondage. We only have to have faith in hope and change.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

"He that doth get wench with child then take her as his wife is no better than he who would cr*p in his own hat then clap it atop his head."

Samuel Pepys, 1661
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

With the exception of one ill fated year I have always worked on a straight commission basis, no work no sell no paycheck. I have to save during the up times to fund for the down times. By being creative within my self imposed limitations I can hold on to my money and take advantage of the other avenues that are out there. I would much rather use a 0% credit card offer for 20 months for a Parker or anything else for that matter than to dig into saveings that might be needed for bills if I can't work. IF that should happen the gun is a liquid asset.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

All my guns were bought when I had no money, because I never have any. But I've still got some pretty nice ones. I just bought my Dad a Winchester Model 21 when I really had no money, but I just sent off a payment this morning none the less. Being an old bachelor helps, also the fact that I can get by on about 3 hours sleep a night so I've got more time for hustling and working than normal humans.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Mr. Lester,

That is a great quote by TJ.

Thank you for sharing.

Very, very appropriate.

Thanks again,

John
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #16
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Rich, I called my banker buddy in Ste. Genevieve and proposed a deal to him where he would lend me up to $10,000 at 0% for up to 60months. I thought it would be a good deal because the bank was just sitting on all that money. That darn buddy of mine , his response was just not nice. So his deal lost may be another's gain and I'll take applications for this loan from any other bankers out there.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #17
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

When I opened the mail tonight there was a 0% interest credit card application from Bank America in the stack. Yesterday their stock price per share was less than the cost of my lunch.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
You Tube - QE2
Unread 08-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #18
M Vollinger
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default You Tube - QE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Blake View Post
Using OPM is how we got in this mess. That's why our ObamaBushbucks ain't worth $hit.
Ed,
Have a look at the clip. It will make you laugh and cringe. You can see critters like "The Goldman Sachs, The Bernanke and "the Moody's" while we are artfully distracted.........

It seems to be working.....
Mark Vollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #19
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Bruce I went to my local bank where I have done business for over 20 years to borrow $10,000.00 to finish off my basement about two years ago. They wanted something like 10% for an unsecured loan and 8% if I put up my truck (which is paid for) as collateral. They pay .3% on my high interest saveings. I could use the saveings as collateral and get the rate down some but then that would tie up that account which is my emergency fund. I told them John Dillinger went to prison for robbery. I used a 0% credit card offer and paid a 4% fee on the cash advance. The net cost of the loan $400 and was paid off in the alloted time.

If I can benefit from using O.P.M. and not put my financial security in jeporady than why not? It was easier and more afforable to make those 12 or so payments than to use my own hard earned cash dollars. I bet that if you used a 0% offer bought a Parker flipped it and paid off the debt a person could make money.....Hmmmmm...there might be something to this
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Boy Howdy- did Carole Lombard memorize that "gem"
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #20
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Boy Howdy- did Carole Lombard memorize that "gem"

[quote=greg conomos;48000]"He that doth get wench with child then take her as his wife is no better than he who would cr*p in his own hat then clap it atop his head." Hot babe Carole Lombard had just met the great (In his opinion anyway) ladies man- Wm. Clark Gable- he takes her out to the Brown Derby (or Doibby for you Joisey guyz) and brings her back to his place- after a few more drinks he said "Why don't you slip into the bedroom and get undressed, Baby"-- and she snaps right back at him "And why don't you just crap in your fedora, Mister"--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote