Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Roger Coger.....
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Default Roger Coger.....

Roger Giles, a long time forum and PGCA member, has been conspicuous in his absence here for the past few months. He's been fighting some health problems and hasn't been able to get on the computer.

I just wanted to let everybody know that he's come home today for hospice care. I've been down visiting him in the hospital several days a week since he went in and was just down to his place this evening. He's weak and isn't doing well but is now home with his much loved wife Anita and lab Dixie.

Will be back there again tomorrow and throughout the coming weeks. If anybody has a word they'd like me to pass along to him please drop a PM and I'll make sure it gets through.

Regards,
Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm so sorry to hear of Roger's difficulties. He is one of the good ones. Please give him my most sincere regards. He will be in my prayers tonight.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Just tell him there's a guy in Nova Scotia pulling for him. A friend of yours says a lot about Mr. Giles.
King Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Destry, Please relay our well wish's to Rog. We had a great conversation some years back at "Legal Spirits" down in Easton,Maryland. He is one of the good guy's. Danny and I will be pulling for him here and thank you for the update.
Unread 07-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Destry,
Roger is indeed a lucky man to have a friend like you. He is definitely one of a kind and I enjoyed hunting with him in South Dakota and seeing him at the Southern. Please pass along my sincerest best wishes for him and Anita.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Roger
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
FRANK HALSEY
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Roger

I hope Roger get better. I miss him at the S x S events in the spring. Tell him, please, I hope he get on his feet soon. Thanks, Frank
FRANK HALSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm down to visit again today and Nancy Muderlak has come to see him as well. Spoke with Fred Preston this morning and he's going to come in next week. The house is brimming with Parker folks.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,871 Times in 4,755 Posts

I sure have missed Roger and Anita at the Southern. Last time there, Linda and I and Roger and Anita went to dinner together and had a great time. Roger is most noted at the Southern for his caustic comments about Sporting Clays. He couldn't understand why Bill Kempfler didn't put in some trap fields. I am especially grateful about Roger's posts about Robert Owen and his son. I only wish that I could have spent some time with Roger discussing his relationship with the Owens.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

He's moving to a hospice facility near his home in the morning, I'm going down to visit in the afternoon.

Bob Owen called while I was there the other day and is hoping to visit soon. We had a good visit with Nancy Muderlak while she was there. I've had lots of emails and have been passing on all messages.

This is an end game situation for the guys that don't know what hospice is. He's in no pain and in full grasp of his faculties which I guess is all that you can ask for at a time like this.

Destry
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 07-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #10
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

I suspect he will be in Hospice of Northwest Ohio. My Mother-in-law was there prior to her passing. If so, he is in a great facility.
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote