Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Newbie Needs Identification help ? Pictures attached
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
John Snow
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Newbie Needs Identification help ? Pictures attached

Hey Gang...

I need some help with identifing my Parker.

I ve extensivly looked and can not find the serial number. I do not know how to seperate the barrels from the frame. ( I found the removal lever but dont get it? and I am smart enough not to jam the lever with a screwdriver !

What I can tell you, There is a number 3 visable on the barrels( when open) and on the frame. There is also a number 13 stamped. but no company name or anything? There are a few really small markings that appear to be stamped in the metal but they are singular, and look like indvidual symbols and no where near the other numbers.

On the top of the barrels the only thing written is the word Laminated.

It is fairly well engraved and there is a small metal ( maybe brass or gold) pressed into the under side of the stock.

Its a shame but one of the hammers is broken. ( I broke it in my brillance as a 15year old boy and "lost the evidence" turned the rifle around on the wall and kick myself for it now !!

The pictures are not the best and I will try again when I get a "good light" day.

If you can offer any assistance in identification it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading !!

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker 1.jpg (492.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Parker3.jpg (541.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Parker4.jpg (541.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Parker5.jpg (502.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Parker6.jpg (544.5 KB, 3 views)
John Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
Dave Miles
Forum Associate

Member Info

That's not a Parker Bros shotgun.
Dave Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Sam Ogle
Forum Associate

Member Info

I can't quite make out the name on the side of the receiver, but I believe what you have is a gun made in Belgium. The previous poster is correct: It is not a Parker. It may even say "Parker" on it, but it will NOT say Parker Bros.
The lever on the fore arm should pull up, and if you pull hard on it, and get your finger under the fore arm front, where it touches the barrels, you should be able to pry the fore end off. then, shove the top lever to the right as far as it will go, and swivel the barrels off the gun by opening them and forcing the barrels down.

Then, on the inside where the flat part of the action that has the hammers meets with the flat part of the barrels, you will most likely see a "proof" mark that is like a crown with initials in it. That would make it a Belgium gun.

The United States had many of these serviceable guns imported at one time, and the makers took license with names, either outright copying names or using a very similar name to famous American names.
They were much less costly than a Parker, and for the most part, did their duty.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE
Sam Ogle is offline   Reply With Quote