Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Small Frame Butt Pads
Unread 08-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Default Small Frame Butt Pads

Does anyone on the Forum know what brand of Pad would have been available in 1928, 1929 for a proper butt treatment for our Parker guns and also would anyone know where a ,Thin 3/8 to 1/2 " Thick ,OO Frame size , correct Period Pad could be found ? I know this sounds confusing ,just couldn't come up with a better way to state it ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Maybe I can help Larry
Unread 08-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Maybe I can help Larry

I have at present a English straight hand buttstock for a sidelock 28 gauge- it has a 1930's G&H no. 3 Silvers red pad with the two plugs to cover the access holes, a perfect fit. If you want the pad for your OO frame gun, I will send it to you- it is 4 & 11/16" length at butt, 5/8" thick at center point with the thin black spacer included and the holes at 3 & 1/4" on center-, you can size it to your gun, if it will fit, we'll "make a deal"- This is not a Galazan repro-- Brad Bachelder believes it is for a Westley Richards 28 gauge sidelock pre-WW2- 26 LPI checking- fine walnut- BUT- someone may have installed a rear sling stud, later removed it and acra-glassed over that small area- seems to me I'd have a better chance of selling the Silvers period plugged pad, as finding a gent with a busted buttstock for a 28 gauge Limey sidelock-- a challenge indeed.. Let me know if you want to pursue this- if it doesn't fit, your only cost is the return shipping to me--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 08-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,872 Times in 4,755 Posts

No Shoc pads have 3" hole spacing and small plugs. They are what I have used. Even they may not be small enough for a cut off 00 frame. Hawkins rifle pads are also nice, but scarce.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 08-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Francis ,I have sent you a PM . Thank you ; Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Jim Akins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Russ, I still have a couple of original Hawkins pads in the 3/4" thickness, also have an original No-shoc in the smaller size. They are in the 50.00 price range. email if interested and I can give you the measurements.
Jim Akins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Francis you just need to suck it up and have that Limey gun restocked It sounds like to nice a gun just to lay around crippled.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Oh don't I wish
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Oh don't I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Anderson View Post
Francis you just need to suck it up and have that Limey gun restocked It sounds like to nice a gun just to lay around crippled.
-- the only part of the WR SLE 28 gauge I have is the buttstock--it came in a "package deal' with some M12 stocks and misc. Brad bachelder ID'd for me- now the G&H 3 & 1/2 size red pad is winging its way to Arnold Palmer's hometown in PA--About ten years in another "grab bag" stock deal I ended up with about 3" of the butt section from a 12 Parker- nice wood, wonder why it had been cut- but it had the engraved steel skeleton BP with the 4 original screws- I sold it (the skeleton steel rim and screws) to a gentleman in Wisconsin who was "upgrading" a VH 12 and wanted a steel rim for the checkered butt- that's what got me started in the 'second hand gun parts" enterprise- the wood section from that Parker is a paperweight on my gun work bench- holds blueprints and notes on paper like a champ!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post: