Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
New Member from Texas
Unread 09-14-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
Bibb Gault
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New Member from Texas

Hi there guys,
My name is Bibb and yes, that is my real, given first name. I have gravitated here because like alot of members, I have inherited some Parker shotguns and parts from my dad who died three years ago this month. Some on this forum that are into custom knives might know of him. My dad, Clay Gault,from Austin,Texas, was a custom knife maker.{30+years Knife Makers Guild Member}

I have been looking through the Parker identification section and could use a little help with a stamping I cannot identify on a 28ga. GH{stamped "2"},0 frame,hammerless with special steel barrels. Records from this forum indicate it was made in 1902{114xxx} Here we go... directly BELOW the ser# on the watertable and perfectly centered is a "G". What does this "G" mean? Does this mean that the gun was repaired or modified at some point in its life? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also, If anyone can point me to a reputable Parker expert/appraiser in the San Antonio/Austin area that would be very appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Bibb T. Gault
San Antonio,Texas
Bibb Gault is offline   Reply With Quote