Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 08-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #11
dan myshin
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you, Brian. I failed to notice your observations with respect to the rib. Clearly, that is why you are the expert and I am still but a wet-behind-the-ears amateur. Let's hope that the research letter can shed light on the changes. If this young man is serious, he will pursue that avenue ASAP. Good call!
dan myshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #12
John Lytle
Forum Associate

Member Info

Everyone,

First, at this point I have no plans to sell the gun, and I am sorry if somehow my posted suggested I was 'fishing for a sale'. Second, I appreciate the comments and insight some of you have provided about the gun. Already it has answered some questions and yet it has created others. Also, I did not realize that I needed a paid membership to post and apologize if I have done something that is frowned upon by members of this forum. It had been recommended I post on this site as the members here are the experts on this type of question. I am going to look into a Parker Research letter. I have been contacted by a member of the board who is close by and I hope we can arrange a meeting were he could take a closer look at it. I will certainly follow up with the board on what I uncover.
John Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Lytle For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #13
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

No problem John and thanks for your explanation. We get a lot of people "fishing" for a sale of a family heirloom on here, as you can imagine. I am glad you are planning to keep that gun as it is a treasure. I hope you consider joining PGCA as we'd hope anyone with a Parker that nice would be a member.
Mills Morrison is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #14
John Lytle
Forum Associate

Member Info

PGCA Membership and also research letter have been taken care of. I will post as I find out more info.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to John Lytle For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #15
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,411 Times in 4,591 Posts

Please do share the info that you find in the letter. If you care to.

Typically "I just inherited this and I know nothing about it or it's value" translates to "I want to sell this, who will give me what for it?".

And since gun sales are not allowed by non-PGCA members and must be posted in the appropriate section, that is why you received some of the comments that you did.

But, if your post is truly information seeking, then great. Learn as much as you can. A gun like yours is truly a treasure to have in your family and is a perfect Parker to start out with. If you have interest in them and want to get more involved.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 08-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #16
John Lytle
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well, I heard back very quickly from Chuck Bishop on the Parker Research Letter. Unfortunately, other than the serial number, the rest of the information on this particular gun is not readable from that stock book page. So that was something of a dead end. As I mentioned, a forum member has agreed to take a look at it and I will let you know what I find out.