Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 10-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
W Barnett
Forum Associate

Member Info

You are exactly right. I was calling it by the wrong name and I applogize for my confusion. I like to think I have pretty good knowledge of firearms due to the fact that my family owned a gun store growing up. I spent a lot of time there as a young kid and like to think I know quite a bit. I do have to admit that even though I was exposed to firearms in general at a young age....I always have had the tendency to go towards rifles rather than shotguns. Just to put it in perspective....I built my first custom rifle at 14 off a 1909 Argentine Mauser. I still use it to this day (21 years later). I am more into the "western" type shooting nowadays and have a few breech loading sharps rifles. I do have a stoeger coach gun and am used to its spent shell extraction method (the hand grab).

I feel bad for using the wrong terminology and appreciate you correcting me. My Parker has what I believe you have described as the "one piece" extractor. I will look as soon as I get home, but I am pretty sure it is an extractor and not an ejector. I believe it is a sort of "x" looking piece as you look to the rear of the chamber and when you lower the barrel, it pushes the shells out slightly.
W Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote