Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

My case is 3-1/8" deep by 7-3/16" x 30-3/16"

I repeat myself but a twenty gauge shell or snap cap fits snugly in the snap cap hole and the 28" barrels have about an extra 1/4" of space to the side.

I am going to go try to put the cover on again.

Thanks for the info Dean.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
Jim Tiner
Forum Associate

Member Info

Smile

Would someone know who made the cases for the repo parkers?
Jim Tiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Tiner View Post
Would someone know who made the cases for the repo parkers?
It was the Italian firm Emmebi.

http://www.emmebi.it/eng/index.html

And the English firm Parker-Hale made the snap caps. The Parker Repro project was definitely an international endeavor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mike, Emmebi subtly changed the interior of the cases, as well as the covers during the 5 years or so they supplied them to Reagent Chemical and Research. I have 3 versions of the covers, all different.
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanks Joe. I stretched and pulled and heated with a clothes iron and finally got the cover over the case and zipped up. I must have a mismatched cover and case.

Thanks again,

Mike

Last edited by Mike Shepherd; 12-21-2010 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: I can't type
Unread 12-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #16
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,984 Times in 565 Posts

Mike,
Just got home from Colorado City, Tx. Great deer and pigs. Will post some pics when I catch up on sleep. Started to find lots of quail just before I left. Go figure!!
Anyway, the 28 and 20 cases differ only by snap cap hole diameter just like Ken said. I checked and unforunately both my 28" cases are for 20G. Sorrry!!!
Bob Jurewicz
Bob Jurewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanks for letting me know Bob.

There has been a lot of grim reports about the birds down your way. Happy to hear a more positive report.

I have an average bird crop on my lease this year and am very grateful for it.

Mike
Unread 12-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #18
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,872 Times in 4,755 Posts

Empirical testimony on this thread would indicate that there ARE two different cases for 20 and 28 in interior dimensions, but I think there are minor differences on the outside also. This is either because Emmebi changed the exact size sometime during Repro production, or, maybe there is actually a difference in exterior dimensions between a 20 and a 28 case all through the production period. During the closeout period, cases were often sent weeks or months after the guns were shipped. This explains why hundreds of owners of 28 gauge Repros have cases with 20 gauge barrel channels and snap cap blocks. The sellers of the closeout guns probably felt that sending a case was better than sending no case. I got a perfectly fitted 2 barrel 28 gauge case from Guns Unlimited a short time after the gun arrived, but some were not so lucky. The smaller cover is probably for a slightly different case, either because of variations in Emmebi specs at different times, or maybe the tight covers are for a 28 gauge case and we are trying to fit it on a 20 gauge case. I have one of the tight covers and I cannot get it to fit on any case. I don't know whether the cases I have tried to fit my cover on are 28 or 20 gauge cases. The cover that I have that is tight was from fairly early production, but it is not a flannel case. I think the flannel cases were from very early prodution and are probably all 20 gauge covers. I think that many of us have probably never even seen the scarce flannel covers. By the way, although cases were promised and delivered during the closeout period, snap caps were not promised or delivered. I don't believe that Jaqua's or Guns Unlimited had snap caps to sell, but Don Shrum at Cape Outfitters did have some snap caps but sold them separately from the guns. I bought snap caps for my 28 gauge from Mrs. Shrum at the first PGCA meeting at Nashville. As I recall, they didn't advertise them in the gun media because supplies were a bit short. However, Mrs. Shrum had a few sets on her table at the show. They didn't last long. Over the next few years, more sets mysteriously appeared from different sources, including the ones sold on ebay not long ago for very attractive prices. I hope everyone took advantage.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

I bought two Repros, a 28 and a 20 during the closeout from Cape Outfitters that were to include the cases w/covers and snap caps at the closeout price. The cases arrived a couple of weeks after the guns arrived and the snap caps arrived a few days after that. No extra charge for the snap caps--Don Shrum must have taken a liken' to me!
Unread 12-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #20
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,236 Times in 12,377 Posts

Bill, I have a flannel cover for one of my Repro 28 ga. cases but don't remember which one.
Regarding your 28 ga. case that fits the gun perfectly; are the exterrior dimensions the same as the smaller of my two cases which I previously posted measurements on?
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote