Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books

Notices

SELLING
Unread 04-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Mtntopjack
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default SELLING

I have a couple questions that will probably sound really dumb. I've never sold where I had to mail-out my goods, so, please be 'nice'.
First, is this the right forum to post books for sale? One book is a specific Parker interest publication; the other is a Michael McIntosh book on 'Best Guns', and the last is also a Michael McIntosh book, 'A H Fox, The Finest Shotguns In The World'.
And lastly, what is the protocol for sales to other members: does the seller wait for payment before mailing the product, or, is the product mailed-out and the seller then waits for payment?
Thanks for any help.
(Jack)
Jack Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #2
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,594 Times in 1,840 Posts

Yes right forum Jack. Secondly it's customary for the seller to wait for payment and then ship. Some sellers even wait for payment to clear while others ship immediately even before receipt of payment on this forum. I know of nowhere else where such trust is displayed. You will not be faulted for awaiting payment so do whatever you are comfortable with. Those remarks apply here only. Anywhere else I would hold for payment unless you know the buyer. I'm not faulting other selling venues but I don't have personal knowledge of any like this one, they probably exist.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 04-01-2019, 10:47 PM   #3
Mike McKinney
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Just list whatever you are selling in the members only spot that fits what you have. I absolutely agree with Randy’s information. No problem at all in waiting for payment, and if you want wait for the funds to clear. There are very few on this forum who wouldn’t do the right thing, but I’m sure there is someone, I wouldn’t know who it would be. You will develop your own comfort as you hang around.
Mike McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike McKinney For Your Post: