Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 01-09-2021, 11:58 AM   #21
Kurt Sauers
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hodges View Post
Wow, prices have gone up a bit in four years. Mine was not cheap but not that much.
Guess I should have been more clear. They said it was impossible to build one under 7 lbs. I even copied your original thread when you bought it and they said nope can't do it. and it was for a 12 on a 16 frame. I don't remember what the quote was, but they next day they called me and said it would be 1000 more than yesterday. It was a great place to look around but all 3 times I tried to deal with them was like banging my head against the wall. And stupid me ,is considering trying to order a 20 rbl now
Kurt Sauers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Sauers For Your Post:
Unread 01-09-2021, 07:05 PM   #22
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,920 Times in 554 Posts

Kurt,
There are a lot of slightly used RBLs of all gauges out there for sale at various times. If you are aware of the specs you need, be patient, the right one at the right price will turn up. I bought a beautiy of a 16 GA from a member of this board a while back and I just love the gun and its perfect for me.
Bob Jurewicz.
Bob Jurewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Jurewicz For Your Post:
Unread 01-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #23
Kurt Sauers
Forum Associate

Member Info

I've been looking, mostly GI, but most of them are new from csmc
Unread 01-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #24
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,196 Times in 891 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Sauers View Post
Guess I should have been more clear. They said it was impossible to build one under 7 lbs. I even copied your original thread when you bought it and they said nope can't do it. and it was for a 12 on a 16 frame. I don't remember what the quote was, but they next day they called me and said it would be 1000 more than yesterday. It was a great place to look around but all 3 times I tried to deal with them was like banging my head against the wall. And stupid me ,is considering trying to order a 20 rbl now
Kurt, this seem weird but in there defense no particular weight was discussed when I had my gun built. I only requested it as light as possible so they told me they would build it on a 16 gauge frame. But it is 6.8 Lbs as shipped by them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5944 (3).jpg (469.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5945 (3).jpg (495.4 KB, 0 views)
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #25
Kurt Sauers
Forum Associate

Member Info

I asked if they could just get it around your 6 and a half pounds. I didn't want to order one and then have it be around 7 lbs. because that's more than I want to carry. With all the blanks they have there you would think they could find a light enough one to make it work
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Sauers For Your Post: