Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Grade O top lever Hammer 16 with 34" barrels
Unread 02-20-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Default Grade O top lever Hammer 16 with 34" barrels

The 34" 16 project came today. Unfortunately a little rougher than I had hoped
, but I believe salvageable. I cant seem to upload pics from my phone to my laptop, so will add them later from my phone. The bores are rougher than I had hoped, but cant show you a picture of those. A quick check with my little drop in choke tool shows a tight IC and tight M--I had anticipated F/F. A letter is available but haven't ordered it yet( ser #46296).
The exterior of the twist barrels is decent, with a small dent 19" from the breech in the left barrel. The ribs are tight. The unstruck barrel weight is 4 lbs and they weigh 3lbs 10.3 oz on my postal scale. There is no frame stamp on the lug, but dont know if they even had a 1 frame or O frame at that time (1885).
The forearm is smooth, with no checkering--there are very few pics of the Quality O gun on the home page, none show the forearm. Did they checker it back then?
I am missing the left hammer. Were hammers ser # to match the gun?- this hammer has #119852, but the barrel, forearm, and frame all match #46296.
One of the parts to the hammer mechanism appears broke, and am no doubt missing a few screws.( I set my self up there!)
The pictures are not of good quality ,but my camera no longer works. And of course I need a stock.
Looking for honest opinions here, you wont hurt my feelings. Hoping to bring her back to life. Probably wont do anything until Hausmann's, when I can show it in person.