Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

John Hickerson......
Unread 06-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Default John Hickerson......

It had been a long time since we'd had a "report" from Hick and my emails to him had gone unanswered for a long time so I was worried needless to say. I ran across his number this evening so made bold to give him a call. I was relieved when he picked up the phone to say the least. He'll be 86 his next birthday and his health has taken a turn unfortunately. But he's in full possession of his faculties and still sounds like the same old Hick. He's able to chat a bit and still takes a glass of bourbon in the evening but has had to give up gunning and his weekly tennis game. He asked that I do a quick post and let all his friends on forum know he was still in the world and thought of us often though he doesn't get on the computer very often anymore.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,870 Times in 4,754 Posts

Destry, you are the man. Thanks for making that contact with a great guy. I'll be going by Hick's house this weekend but won't be able to stop.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hick is such a great guy. Thank you Destry for taking the time. A couple summers ago Edward and I shot skeet with Hick at Oceana NAS. He said the Navy trained him to fly, Corsairs I think, but the war ended before he could get into combat. That's how he ended up in Norfolk.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Thanks Destry for checking, as I was wondering how Hick was doing since I hadn't seen a post from him in a long time.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote