Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #51
Matt Natoli
Forum Associate

Member Info

Just spoke with the owner and it looks like I can own this gun if I come up and additional $450 to my offer, so $3000 is his lowest price he will take. He claims a large shotgun dealer has contacted him and has offered him a lot more than my offer but is willing to sell it to me for $3000.

Thoughts? I am leaning to making the deal. I really don't want to lose it over $450.

I told him I wanted to see it one more time, so I am going to meet him on Thursday.

If all goes as planned I'll be posting some pics Thursday afternoon.

Matt
Matt Natoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #52
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,551 Times in 4,623 Posts

I think that you will find several of us that said previously that $3,000 was a seemingly fair price for the gun. Not bad from the starting point of $4k.

I wouldn't believe when someone says that they are turning down a better buy to sell to you. If they have that good of an offer, they would take it. And besides, I can't see a dealer paying that much for the gun. Would not leave very much room for profit on his end.
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #53
Matt Natoli
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
I think that you will find several of us that said previously that $3,000 was a seemingly fair price for the gun. Not bad from the starting point of $4k.

I wouldn't believe when someone says that they are turning down a better buy to sell to you. If they have that good of an offer, they would take it. And besides, I can't see a dealer paying that much for the gun. Would not leave very much room for profit on his end.
I agree, the story was that Elmira Arms was going to be bring the gun to the Tulsa Show this weekend.

I just told the owner if he agrees to let me bring the gun to Larry DelGrego and having it looked at, that if all checks out, I will agree to his price and buy the gun. Still waiting for his reply.

Matt
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #54
Matt Natoli
Forum Associate

Member Info

Update,

I recieved the go-ahead to have DelGrego check the gun out for me. I hope to bring it to Ilion next week. If all goes well, I will own this gun. I'll report back next week with my findings from Larry.

Thanks to everyone for your help in my research on this gun.

Matt

Last edited by Matt Natoli; 06-14-2012 at 11:38 PM..