Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

RST's New Load.....
Unread 06-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Default RST's New Load.....

On my way home from Hausmann's I managed to test out some of RST's new live pigeon loads up in the Coal Regions.

Let me tell you, if I did my part, they were absolute murder. I highly recommend them without any reservations.

There was a stiff wind blowing and if you missed the first barrel the birds were out of the ring in a blink. I killed some graveyard dead at an easy 50 yards with my 2nd barrel using the new loads. Didn't do much for my score, as they were well outside the fence obviously, but it certainly said a lot for the quality of Morris and Alex's newest addition to the line.

It was a bittersweet day though. I love pigeon shooting, but I kept catching myself looking for my friend Russ Bickel. That was a shoot he wouldn't have missed and we all certainly missed him while we were there. The match was just down the road a few miles from the new pigeon club he helped to found and that made his recent death even more of a sting.

Destry

P.S. I want to personally thank Morris for giving Don and I prints of that wonderful picture of Russ and ourselves from down at the Southern a couple years ago.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

your friend was there destry.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
Ruff Hunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Destry,
Thanks for the great story and product review. Do you know how many PSIs those new pigeon loads generate?
Justin Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

No idea on the technical aspects. I just know they kill pigeons and aren't too hard on the shoulder, that's all I need to know.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

These are modern loads- the equivalent of the classic 3 1/4 dram/1 1/4 oz/ 2 3/4" pigeon load. I have shot hundreds of them in Niceshot and lead. RST also makes 3 1/2 and 3 3/4 dram equivalent loads both being IMHO noticably stiffer than the 3 1/4 DRE one. I use the light load routinely in my 1893 Purdey Whitworth barreled pigeon gun and my 1894 32" Titanic barreled D grade #2 frame Parker hammer in the live bird ring.
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote