Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 05-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,041 Times in 12,322 Posts

That North/South thing is pretty disturbing! We all belong to the same fraternity, small enough as it is, why fracture it even more? Makes no sense at all.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 05-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #12
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

The FPC is something I really look forward too as a part of my late summer shooting schedule. Like the rest of the Fox BOD, I'm committed to turning this into a bigger event, along the lines of the Parker/ LCS shoot at the Southern. The Southern is the Southern and seems to draw people from all parts of the country no matter how far the drive. The challenge has been to find a venue and a shoot that will have the same kind of draw as the Southern, but later in the year. I have always attended Hausmann's and Mike's shoot at Rock Mountain, which is one of my favorite places to shoot. This year, I'll add Hopkins to the list as well. I'm hoping that moving the shoot a little more south will allow some more shooters to attend. To Frank's point, I think much of the draw at the Southern is the vendors, and I hope that the VC is successful at bringing them in this year. My understanding from last year is that both shoots held on the same weekend drew pretty close to the same numbers, so hopefully we'll see attendance rise for both. That said, I live in the South and will be traveling North for all three events this year. If anyone wants to break up the drive by stopping here, or wants to ride together let me know.

Mike
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike.Smith For Your Post:
Unread 05-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #13
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Many thanks to those involved in making the Fox Parker shoot happen.
God willing those of us that wish to attend can make it this year and participate.

All my best and I look forward to seeing you all at the VGC and the FPC.

John
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 05-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #14
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

I don't think I understand Frank's post but it could be the pollen I ingested bushogging for 6 hours yesterday.
Frank- are you implying that the Parker SE shooters will NOT attend or that the Fox NE shooters will not attend because the Parker SE shooters ARE going to attend?
See- I told you I am confused.......
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 05-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #15
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,041 Times in 12,322 Posts

I would hope it is only the greater driving distance or the fact that a certain hunting season had already begun or was close at hand, that would keep serious shooters away.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 05-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #16
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,245 Times in 1,201 Posts

Yeah George I ingested a lot of that yellow pollen as well over the past week. To rephrase what I've heard from several good Fox shooters; they've been stood up too many times at the past F-P Challenges in the northeast. And hence the feeling is, why drive south to compete in a 2017 FPC when some of the good southeast Parker shooters have had little interest in driving north for those past FPC's? One need only to look at the team rosters at the past FPC's to see who came from where. Those trying to organize the 2017 FPC should consider the a possibility that Fox may not have enough good shooters to realistically compete while at the VGC. Also let me reiterate the other concern about knowing for sure which of the larger vendors will definitely be at the VGC to help "draw" shooters whether Fox or other makers.

frank
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 05-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #17
TOOL MAN
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,918 Times in 420 Posts

Gentlemen,

Dave and I are fully aware of the futility in trying to please all of the people all of the time. Think of us as concert promoters. We select what we believe to be the most advantageous venue for both associations and "set the stage." The rest as they say, is up to YOU, the performers and audience!

Unequivocally, Fox and Parker were the two finest doubles America ever produced, thus the FPC will be conducted in a manner commensurate with that acclaim. We are firmly committed to growing this event into what we envisioned from the very start: The premiere double gun competition in the country. Period.

Despite the pre-game buzz/boycott rumors, we are extremely confident that we'll find 10 willing competitors who want nothing more than to
"GET IT ON!!"
Unread 05-08-2017, 11:22 AM   #18
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

Thanks Frank. But.....
There is geographical disadvantage on both sides. Maryland is equally inconvenient to the NE and SE. Its good for Daryl, though. I think that a new venue might be just the thing we need. And I thank Steve and Dave for continuing to try to make this a good event. They are the Best guns in America.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 05-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #19
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,245 Times in 1,201 Posts

Yep, and the past FPC's were equally inconvenient to those in the New England states, eastern mid-west, and the upper SE states like VA for instance. I do agree George that maybe a new venue is worth trying but it may just shift the geographical disadvantage. This will be interesting as it unfolds.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 05-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #20
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

There is absolutely nothing close to Michigan. I routinely drive 13+ hours to both Hausmans and The Southern and another 11 to the Great Northern shoot in WI. I have never been to the Vintagers and would like to go someday but the lure of the Grouse is just to strong added to that this September my daughter is taking the long walk towards wedded bliss on the 23rd.