Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

just hunting
Unread 11-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default just hunting

yesterday evening i got the side by side out andwent to put up a new feeding bag i had bought at wall mark it looks like a big sack that has a hole cut in the bottom of it...suppose to hold 100 lbs of feed....i had carried 50 lbs of corn with me ..i wrestled with that sack for a good 10 minutes trying to tie it around a tree guess what all my corn was on the ground and the sack nearly empty...almost lost my composure...did get angry with the sack but then had a laugh what good does it do to get mad at a sack...ha.... went back to the house sat around till 4.00 oclock and went back hunting over my food plot...the wheat is really green and dark but atlast no deer came out....seen a squirl it felt good to be out hunting this was my first hunt of the year....have calmed down over the sack deal will give this sack another try in a few days...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 11-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
Mark Garrett
PGCA Member

Member Info

Charlie had the same problem with one of them sacks, LOL, ended up with about 40lbs of corn on the ground at first before I got it filled . Once I got it figured out it works pretty good . Attach it to the tree with the hole about 5-6 inches of the ground and then cut a small hole in the top of corn bag to make it easier to pour in the the top of the feeder bag . Put your foot against the hole in the bottom of the feeder bag while you first start pouring the corn to stop it from leaking out , once you you get it part way filled you can move your foot and finish pouring in the rest of the corn. I also tied a piece of wire around it and the tree close to the bottom of the bag to keep the coons from pulling it away from the tree and letting all the corn out .
Mark Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote