Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike from NH, USA
Unread 06-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
Mike B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Mike from NH, USA

Hello, just joined to learn more about an inherited Parker. Need to dig through the identification pages more. Think this one is from 1895.

I have it a quick look over. The triggers were gummed up, and would not release the internal hammer. I added a little oil and now it seems to function normally. Most of it seems to work correct as far as I can tell, but have not used it and don't know the last time it was fired. Although there appears to be some green fouling at the base of the barrel where the chambers are - still have to clean up some of the old gunk a little more.

The barrels looked terrible to me in the bore, but after cleaning do look nice and shiny like some more modern shotguns I have.

I thought the stock was chipped, but apparently there is just a toe in the butt plate that fits the little recessed part. The butt plate is broken, so I just assumed it was dropped and the stock was broken, but it appears just the plate is broken.

I found a few aftermarket plates available, but not sure if it is a size 1 or 2 still. The graphic matches the 2 size, but the dimensions on the aftermarket part seem too big, but maybe that is because it needs to be fitted.

Was wondering about shooting this today, but still don't have any real idea of value, or what to put through it if I did get so ambitious, but could be a fun one to pull out at a local club for people to shoot.

Oh, I think the numbers that were on the stock behind the butt plate says "5 1/4" could be 3 1/4, but since the stock appears to be about 5 inches tall I figure it has to do with that, but could be wrong.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg profile-wide.jpg (345.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg profile-close.jpg (485.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg plate-cracked.jpg (405.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg stock-end.jpg (405.6 KB, 4 views)
Mike Branscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Branscombe For Your Post: