Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Man's Best Friend

Notices

Brittany Spaniel Puppies
Unread 09-28-2020, 11:26 PM   #1
Stan Hoover
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,245 Times in 616 Posts

Default Brittany Spaniel Puppies

Hello all,
I am a bit inexperienced at this, so if I’m in violation of rules or etiquette by listing them here, please say so and I will take it down.

We had our Brittany Spaniel (Brittany by name) bred for the first time this summer, as I’ve always wanted one of her pups. With her we’ve enjoyed chasing ruffed grouse, woodcock, pheasant, and she’s gone along a few times while we’re dove hunting. I’m not an experienced dog person and struggled to catch her during heat the past few years.

We were able to have her bred by Ike (Gary Guz Stables) in Bangor, Pa. His official AKC name being Morningside First Choice.
Brittany our female was from Rock Steady Kennels in Blossburg, Pa

On August 18 she delivered 5 healthy pups and 1 noticeably smaller pup, we tried our best but were unable to save the small pup. There are 4 males and 1 female, I’m offering the 4 male pups as we will be keeping the female. These dogs have had their tails docked and their due claw removed. They will also be visiting the vet again for needed shots and whatever else is required.

The parents of these pups are both hunters and I’m offering them anticipating that the people that purchase may be inclined to hunt with them possibly, but of course, a loving home is most important. I’m offering them at $1,050 each.

I thought I would offer these pups on this forum and if there’s not much interest, I’ll advertise elsewhere. They will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and unfortunately we’ll have to part with them sooner than later.
Thanks,
Stan Hoover
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E0CA9F74-876C-4E7E-BD47-72CAD1CE4540.jpg (517.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg 5102ABE2-A6DC-4A33-B739-DC72FE975997.jpeg (405.9 KB, 6 views)
Stan Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hoover For Your Post:
Unread 09-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
George "Scott" Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,315 Times in 352 Posts

Beautiful!!
George Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George Davis For Your Post:
Unread 09-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Love those Brittanys! We had Brittanys back in the early 70's when Quail were at their peak in southern Ohio. Every farm had at least one covey and we had five on our 640 acres. One of our Brittanys named Jinx was probably one of the best dogs I have ever seen. One of his pups won a field trial but got killed crossing the road. Bob Evans of Bob Evans Restaurants heard about Jinx and asked if I would take him hunting with his prized english setter. Jinx impresssed him so much that he bought a Brittany the following week but the dog never panned out. Unfortunately the Quail all died out in the late 70's with that awful ice storm that stayed on for weeks and the birds never did recover. My brother is back into the Brittanys now with a promising dog named Zeke and headed up north to hunt grouse in October and out west to hunt pheasant in November. We have hunted some where I live now in western Md. for Grouse and woodcock but haven't done very well as the birds have been in a down cycle for years. Good luck in your sale and hope he finds a good home.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post: