Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

How far it's gotten !!
Unread 06-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
Jerry VanHorn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default How far it's gotten !!

I bought a part yesterday from a member of the Winchester Arms Collectors forum. He's an NRA Board member in Orange Co.,California..and his club puts on the gun shows at the Orange Co, Fairgrounds..($26 to park and get in). He has lived in Orange Co. for 40 years. I had to ask him about the California law starting July 1, 2019....I was stunned....If you buy a box of .22s...a background check is done...If you buy a spare barrel for your 870...a background check is done..If you buy new grips for your 1911.a background check is done...and this takes the cake..IF you buy a pack of TARGETS..a background check is done. Fees range from $1 to $19 per transaction. He also says Orange Co. is turning into a homeless camp. needles and crap on the streets..(They hired people to wash the streets !) ..and some sidewalks are so blocked with tents, that you have to walk in the street..Hard to believe it's America !
Jerry VanHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jerry VanHorn For Your Post:
Unread 06-15-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Wow!!!

Not wanting to get to political here, but I guess since they can't go after our guns they will go after everything else to do with them. This must be what is referred to as common sense gun legislation! The stakes are high nationally in 2020.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,511 Times in 4,619 Posts

California has their own background check system and does not utilize the FBI NICS system. There are a few other states that do the same thing.

NY wanted to do background checks on Ammo purchases with the new laws 6 years ago, and wanted NICS to handle the checks, they said NO WAY! And NY never set up their own system. And have since reversed the requirement for checks on ammo.
Unread 06-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

California aside (VERY far aside), the future of your Parker, or any firearm, is as much cultural as it is legislative.

I personally do not believe that most of the US population under 30 years of age has any reverence for guns or their use in legitimate sport. Primarily thanks to the media and public education.

Hence, when the public's desire for firearms eventually fades out in about 20 years, and the millennials take complete control, the spread of California's "safeguards" to the entire national will become a fait accompli.

At that point, America becomes San Francisco.
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Campbell For Your Post: