Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

16 repro trigger
Unread 04-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #1
timcornish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 16 repro trigger

This has probably been addressed ad nauseum but I took my KREIGHOFF barreled combo(the one I am trying to sell) to a sporting clays event and it started doubling. Usually this is just a question of cleaning but this time the lower part of the assembly slipped completely out of the enclosed channel device (The former points up and the later points down, sorry I don't know the nomenclature) and was grating along the outside when the trigger was pulled, felt horrible and the safety was stuck on fire. I slipped the lower part back in and have shot 4 boxes through it with no problems. I think the screws were loose all around and this caused the problem. This gun has been reliable except when the trigger gets dirty or the screws are loose.

Anybody had this happen? Any thoughts? There is no wear anywhere on the trigger mechanism
timcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
16 ga trigger
Unread 04-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 16 ga trigger

Tim Perhaps a photo would help when you don't know what you are describing.
Richard Skeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
pic
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
timcornish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default pic

Richard, her4e is a pic, sorry I had already put it back together so I took it apart again, good practice!

The part that came out is the little piece that is inside the channel against which the safety hook is presently resting, the thing popped out in front (muzzleward) and I just lifted everything and put it back in place and now everything works fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2160110.JPG (431.6 KB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to timcornish For Your Post:
reflections
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
timcornish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default reflections

I have to add - I strip and repair lots of Spanish guns, some very high end (my own collection, I would not dare mess with somebody else's gun!) and the fit and internal finish of my repros (I have six) is a marvel to behold! Impeccable and so I love to take them apart and behold them, I have ground turn screws for perfect fit and have only (sort of) buggered the ones on my first repro.
Unread 04-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
Rob Greenside
Forum Associate

Member Info

Tim,
How many of your 6 repros have single triggers? Sounds like the fit and finish was also carried to the innards of these fine doubles too, right? Thanks for sharing,
Rob
Rob Greenside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
Rob Greenside
Forum Associate

Member Info

I might add, that I own 3 repros, all with single triggers, and have never had any issues with them. All 3 guns have great triggers, crisp pulls on both barrels, and they came like that too.
FWIW.,......thanks, Rob
Rob Greenside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,550 Posts

I heard a story - can anyone confirm it? I was told that when the original Parkers were sent to Japan to be used as models, they were told to "Copy this gun exactly". When the first prototypes were received, there were tool marks and scratches on some of the internal parts, and when those faults were pointed out, the Japanese said "There were tool marks on the original gun, and you told us to copy the gun exactly". True?
John Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
innards
Unread 04-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
timcornish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default innards

Rob, the interior finish is impeccable. All but one of my repros are single trigger. This is the only one that has had any problems
Unread 04-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #9
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
I heard a story - can anyone confirm it? I was told that when the original Parkers were sent to Japan to be used as models, they were told to "Copy this gun exactly". When the first prototypes were received, there were tool marks and scratches on some of the internal parts, and when those faults were pointed out, the Japanese said "There were tool marks on the original gun, and you told us to copy the gun exactly". True?
I heard that it was some mismatched screws on the originals that were "reproduced."
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

I had one, a 28 gauge, that would not open after shooting at a high house clay target or an overhead woodcock. Sent it back to NJ to the repair center a couple of times and it returned with the same issue. Sent it to Del Grego who finally found the defect in the top lever shaft which he said it was machined into the part at the factory. (Following instructions, I suppose) Del Grego was able to stone out the bump and the gun worked good afterward. Sent it down the road the first chance I had to unload it.
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote