Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-05-2021, 05:36 PM   #131
MattHaney
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

That's a tough one Keith...Thursday will see the vendors getting set-up, but some not displaying their full wares. And Sunday, unless you get there early, sees them packing up, and (hopefully) with a depleted stock. I think I'd pick Thursday if those are my only choices. ----Matt
MattHaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #132
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,865 Times in 4,753 Posts

Directions are determined by where you are in the Sanford area. It's the same no matter where you are in the USA. You have to have a starting point.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2021, 06:08 PM   #133
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
I have that Thursday and Friday off, and was thinking of making the trek down super early Thursday morning (9 hours for me). Staying the day thursday and half day Friday. Have to be back before Saturday. I won't shoot as I'll be alone. Is there enough to keep a person occupied for two half days when not shooting? And how would I find other PP (ParkerPeople)? It is competing hard with trout fishing at my club.
I’ve only been once about four or five years ago . Flew down with a friend on Saturday . We arrived in the little airport that’s maybe four miles away the way the crow flies and stayed about five hours . No shooting I looked all the tables over quickly then went back a second time to see a few things again . I didn’t buy anything but saw plenty I’d like to have walked away with . This time I’ll be there for the duration and I suppose it’ll be more about socializing than anything although I plan to make a gun go bang a few times .
Unread 04-06-2021, 06:24 AM   #134
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

It’s easy to shoot the course by yourself. No squads carry your card & hand it to the trapper first come first served. Short walk around the course too. Lot of events on the program, it’s one course all events. Traps & stations on the course set for two gauges, large 16 & over and small 20 & under.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Davis For Your Post:
Unread 04-06-2021, 07:39 AM   #135
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
I have that Thursday and Friday off, and was thinking of making the trek down super early Thursday morning (9 hours for me). Staying the day thursday and half day Friday. Have to be back before Saturday. I won't shoot as I'll be alone. Is there enough to keep a person occupied for two half days when not shooting? And how would I find other PP (ParkerPeople)? It is competing hard with trout fishing at my club.
Andy there are lots of folks there to shoot with, traveling alone is a non factor, zero. If you are going to try and do/see it all in a short period I would suggest that you rent a cart.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2021, 10:02 AM   #136
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,466 Times in 971 Posts

Thank you for the helpful replies! I fear if I go down I'll come home with Parker number 7, number 6 is on her way to me shortly. And I've only been at this a year, this is worse than crack (so I hear...)
Unread 04-10-2021, 12:25 AM   #137
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

Andy, you’ll find a great and very welcoming group of guys. I attended the NE SxS for the first time and was shooting alone, as I was at my first Southern. I had always attended the Vintagers in MD with my father and son and really didn’t interact much. It was our grandfather, son, grandson time. But attending alone a couple years ago, asked a group if I could join them and we shot together the entire weekend. We’ve also been friends since and I look forward to seeing some of them at the Southern. You meet some really fine folks at SxS shoots.
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Graziano For Your Post:
Unread 04-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #138
Brett Hoop
PGCA Member

Member Info

Andy

Think of it as a continuing eduction course that you want to take. And you won’t be bored with this one. Some people are really good at evaluating photos, but at least for me, my hands tell me a lot about a Parker gun. Part of their magic is in the balance and handling they all aren’t the same. You are likely going to see more Parkers there than any other show. Yes it can be true you may find something you didn’t even know you wanted, but that’s part of the fun. And you can’t swing a cat without hitting a member of the PGCA.
Brett Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brett Hoop For Your Post:
Unread 04-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #139
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,429 Times in 1,647 Posts

I am getting so excited, the anticipation is killing me. It's been a long time in coming. Now the planning begins----what guns to bring?---should I bring anything to sell or trade?----how do I spend my time shooting or shopping?----what may walk into the Fox booth?----So many people to say hello to and meet others in person that you have met on the collector forums. BIG FUN!
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 04-10-2021, 05:42 PM   #140
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
I am getting so excited, the anticipation is killing me. It's been a long time in coming. Now the planning begins----what guns to bring?---should I bring anything to sell or trade?----how do I spend my time shooting or shopping?----what may walk into the Fox booth?----So many people to say hello to and meet others in person that you have met on the collector forums. BIG FUN!
Amen! It is not too late for those who were not planning to come to change their mind and make plans. It will be great to see everyone after such a long time.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post: