Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Warning on Parker 3644
Unread 02-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #1
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,149 Times in 622 Posts

Default Warning on Parker 3644

I was looking at the current Wards auctions and saw a listing for a beautiful early 10 gauge lifter. I then realized that I had bought this gun in 2015, but returned it after the inspection period due to a few cracks in the barrels. In my initial post I didn't put a space between the serial # so it doesn't show up on our forum if you search the serial # which is 3644

I paid a lot more than the current bid which was part of the reason I returned it. For the right price you could certainly pay for for repairs(if possible) or find new barrels(and to be honest I am a little tempted to watch the auction and possibly bid). This was my first higher grade Parker and I loved everything about it. I paid $4k for it and just couldn't live with the barrels needing work for that price. And the barrels might not be fixable. I do have the PGCA letter on it as well.

Here is my original post from 2015: http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16194

Here is the link to the gun on Wards(I hope I am not violating any rules by posting this...): https://www.wardscollectibles.com/vi....php?item=4346

The description looked familiar "bores are excellent and bright" The way the lighting is you don't see one of the cracks at first because of the glare. But I was able to see it after going back and forth between pictures.

Anyway, hopefully this will help someone make an informed purchase...
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote