Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

meemo's farm/michigan pheasant hunt
Unread 01-19-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default meemo's farm/michigan pheasant hunt

I have a new hunting friend who has been woodcock and grouse hunting with me this fall and we went to a friends place that has a small pheasant operation a month ago. He has never hunted over a bird dog before, and has not hunted grouse for many years. I have never been to Meemo's farm but I have heard a lot about it. They have about 1500 acres, a skeet range, trap range, 2 sporting clays and a pistol range. They have spent quite a bit of money on their operation, and last fall they added quail hunting which they are pretty excited about. I shot a 16 gauge over under and a 28 gauge side by side and much to my surprise I never missed a bird that day which is a first for me I will try to post some pictures of the hunt, the guide was well known as a guide and dog trainer in the united states. I think he was pretty happy with my dog cash's abilities, I was really proud of him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meemo's5.jpg (249.0 KB, 4 views)
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

I cannot believe my picture came out upright The guide took these pictures and I will try to post some more. We only had one bird run and he only ran a few feet, cash did a really good job on all the birds today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meemo's2.jpg (248.0 KB, 3 views)
Unread 01-20-2021, 08:48 PM   #3
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

moderator, if you want to move this to mans best friend, please do, I did not hunt with a parker on this hunt. So I should not of started a thread in here. Thanks, Ed
Unread 01-20-2021, 09:25 PM   #4
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,042 Posts

Not missing a bird, excellent bird work from Cash...sounds like a Red Letter Day to me!
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 01-20-2021, 09:42 PM   #5
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Garry,
Thanks for the kind words. My new hunting buddy Jim made a perfect left to right passing shot. I was so happy for him, he has not done much bird hunting. I forgot to mention that Meemo's also has chukar hunting. I will plan on going next year for quail too. I still can't believe how well my dog is learning on the job. A pheasant started walking off after he went on point, he could see it, and didn't move forward a bit. Then the bird stopped about 10 yards away from my dog. The guide was pleased at how well cash held point, he took quite a few pictures. I will try to post more pictures. I am hoping to head out west for quail and pheasant maybe next year. One of my businesses should be sold by then so hopefully it will free me up a bit more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meemo's1.jpg (174.1 KB, 1 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post:
Unread 01-20-2021, 10:12 PM   #6
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

I will try to post another pic. The last picture is me wearing a nylon face mask, its about 25 degrees at 10 a.m. there. The snow was 6 inches deep so it was getting to be tough walking in that. We had 2 pheasants that were in the thicker brush, cash did well pointing the birds deep in cover, when 2 of those birds flew, we had no shot at all, just like grouse hunting I am trying to crop the picture first a little to make it smaller. I think that is why they are coming out right in here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meemo's3.jpg (229.2 KB, 4 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post:
Unread 01-30-2021, 10:30 PM   #7
Jeff S.
PGCA Member

Member Info

Nice pictures Ed. I hunted at Meemo’s a few years ago and it was very nice. We had to rent a guide and dog and they were top notch. Glad to hear that Cash is doing well.
Jeff Stegmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Stegmeier For Your Post:
Unread 01-31-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Jeff,
If you ever want to go there, let me know, you can bring a friend too. I can handle the center and flush the birds and you and a friend can do the rest I am an hour and 20 minutes away from Meemo's. There is another place south of Kalamazoo (rolling hills) they are about 3 hours away from me, but they might of gotten a lot of snow in the last storm that went through south of us. The guide we had was named Tracy, my friend Darren that works at the gun store in Traverse City said he is well known in the u.s. as a dog trainer and guide. He sure was knowledgeable about dogs, and gave me a good training tip that worked well too. Trying to find another picture from that outing that I didn't post before. That first picture with the sun rays is my favorite, it was quite a nice day. This last picture was cash pointing a pheasant in some thick brush, he had 2 points in that stuff the day we hunted. The guide thought those birds might not have been released that morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meemo's6.jpg (347.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Ed Norman; 01-31-2021 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: wrong word in sentence
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post: