Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Unread 10-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #11
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,149 Times in 622 Posts

Chris that is a great picture! It has been nice hearing about these father and son/daughter stories. I makes me excited about the trips and adventures I will do with my own kids. It also make me think about how lucky we all are. I do think it is a challenge sometimes getting our kids to like our own interests.

In my case, it’s my oldest daughter(now 8) who is more into fishing and likes to go shooting and talk about hunting trips(compared to her younger brother). Harry I did buy her a “Chipmunk .22” with a pink laminated stock, she loves it, and I need to take her to shoot it for the first time. My daughter’s best friend has a Dad with similar interests and I am hoping there is some shooting and hunting in our future(for all 4 of us). I feel very lucky to have her interested in guns, hunting and fishing. I hope that that will stay that way.

My son doesn’t want to do anything new, until he tries it and then usually enjoys it. He is almost 6, so we have plenty of time. Going to shoot sporting clays with the Parker I got for him and having him see what it’s all about has been a great first step. It has been a touch summer getting him to want to go on the boat and go fishing. Yesterday evening, we decided to go fishing right before dark. He is still using a push button reel for casting and I grabbed me fly rod. We were casting from shore into a tidal river with poppers. We were having fun enjoying the sunset and right before dark I caught a few white perch back to back. As we were walking back in the dark my son says “Dad you really need to teach me how to fly fish” that was great way to end the day!

Like the rest of you, I am looking forward to the great times ahead. I feel fortunate to be able to share these outdoor experiences with my kids.
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post:
Unread 10-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #12
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,389 Times in 595 Posts

Jay I am on the other end from you, I was so lucky to have 2 sons who love to hunt and fish with me. They are in their 50's and now a granddaughter who hunts with us. You have many great days ahead of you. I have reached a point where I don't care if I fire a shot as long as I am with them and they are shooting. Last Mon. we had a banner day and I had to reload 11 28 ga. for my granddaughter, gets no better than that.
Daniel Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Carter For Your Post: