Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Single trigger
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
William Stevenson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Single trigger

In the past, I've posted about my Steel Shot special refusing the second shot once or twice for every dozen shots. I've had 3 gunsmiths work on it and spent a lot of money for no permanent fix.
I finally sent it to the Miller Single trigger company with instructions to fix it or install a Miller trigger if it couldn't be fixed. You would think they might just go for the high dollar sale and install the Miller trigger. Not only did they fix the original trigger, but they found where someone had screwed up the selector so they fixed that too.
I've shot 4 rounds on the Sporting Clays course (400 rounds) with no refusals. I'm optimistic that the gun is fixed and will be ready for next Duck season. They are not cheap but they really seem to know what they are doing. Dan May is who I spoke to and The Miller co. is located in Cato, New York. Bill Stevenson
William Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Yipee!!!! Im happy to here that they can be fixed! There is lots of the sst guns out there. SXS ohio.....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

unfortunately, parker single triggers, both old and new are prone to malfunction...over the years, have had a few cleaned and lubed by old time gunsmith here in nh. so far so good.
ed good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ed good For Your Post:
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Ralph nannola
Forum Associate

Member Info

sr.
I have other single trigger sxs and never had a problem. I am looking at a 28 g single trigger. Win.repo.
Was their any one reason, why they had a problem and needed to be fixed. I can have my gunsmith ready to fix it if this is a on going problem
thanks
Ralph nannola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Ralph, I have a 20 ga. Repro with the single trigger and have shot thousands of rounds at skeet with it and never a problem. People rarely start a conversation with how well their chosen gun performs so we generally only hear about the few that don't perform well. If I were you I wouldn't anticipate any problems just because someone else's gun malfunctions.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,600 Times in 984 Posts

In my and others that have experienced single trigger Repros doubling the fix more often than not has been a simple thorough cleaning of the SST mechanism to remove congealed oil.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
William Stevenson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Ralph, I have 6 reproductions and the 12 is the only one that gave me trouble. I think mostly it was caused by someone who didn't know what they were doing when they took it apart. I don't expect trouble from my other Parker Reproduction guns. Bill
William Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
timcornish
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have 5 and one has given me trouble (a well used 16/20 combo. The original owner (a prominent member of PGCA) had accuglassed the tang to avoid compression of the wood. I found that by keeping the screws tight and by cleaning and lubing (once) I have had about 1000 rds trouble free so far. I do it myself following the takedown instructions posted elsewhere on this site. Takes about an hour all told and saves mea ton of money
timcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timcornish For Your Post:
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
Chuck Heald
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'll second Dan May's good trigger work.

In my case, it was on a factory Ithaca NID single trigger grade 3E. Gunter Pfrommer had restocked it since the stock was broken and badly modified by hacks, and he also refinished all the metal, converted it from pistol grip/splinter to staight stock/BTFE .

All was fine for a little bit with the gun, but after a while the gun was doubling. I posted over on the doublegun forum a year or so ago and Dan May responded and said he could work on this design. The trigger was an old Ithaca copy of an earlier Miller. I just got it back a few days ago and shot it this weekend. It never missed a beat. I changed the barrel selector position everytime I reloaded the gun, since the doubling seemed to be tied to the selector movement before. Dan May did a great job.
Chuck Heald is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2020, 12:12 AM   #10
Chris Robenalt
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,060 Times in 283 Posts

I repaired a reproduction stock for a friend and want to put it together. I received all the metal in a plastic bag in pieces. When checking the triggerplate for a fit I noticed the single trigger mechanism was removed. I'm not sure if I put it together correctly. Does anyone have a sideview pic of one?

Thanks, Chris
Chris Robenalt is offline   Reply With Quote