Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Parker Identification
Unread 12-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Lucas Schneider
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker Identification

hello,

So about a year ago my grandfather passed away leaving me, his oldest grandson, many of the guns that he owned. In this small collection was what i recently discovered to be a parker double barrel shotgun. It has been sitting in my gun case since then until i recently made time to clean it. I knew it was an old gun but I had assumed that my grandfather cleaned it while it was in his possession. Turns out I was wrong the barrel was very dirty but after an hour or so of cleaning that problem was solved. Overall the gun is in fairly decent condition there are a couple small nicks in the stock and the finish on the stock seems to be cracking and fading slightly. Also, a screw connecting the left hammer to the gun has come off but the hammer still stays in place fine. Upon much research I found this website and am hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. I used the site to identify it the best I could and this is what I came up with so far. The frame size is 3, the barrel is 4 13, it is a 10 gauge shotgun with two hammers and two triggers, and the serial number is 76294. The barrel is also made of laminated steel. From what I saw it was made in 1892 and there were about 2682 made. If anyone has any info. on this gun at all it would probably shed some light on my situation and would be very much appreciated.
Lucas Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
Labowner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hello Lucas, welcome to the forum. Your gun is in the Parker ser. book and listed as a Grade O top action with pistol grip stock Plain Twist 10 ga. with 32" barrels.
E Robert Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Lucas Schneider
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks a lot! I had been looking online for hours and I can tell you that I was nowhere close you saved me a lot of frustration. It's definitely a beautiful gun I can definitely see myself getting into Parker guns as a hobby.
Lucas Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Lucas,

There are few things as rewarding as owning a family gun. Your granddaddy must have thought a lot about you to leave you his guns. Are you a hunter or target shooter or both? These old Parkers can be used with appropriate loads. www.rstshells.com makes the best I have ever found. I reload most all my shells, but when the occasion dictates I call RST. There are members here that can make a hammer screw for you. I just don't recall who they are.

Best of luck, Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote