Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #11
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

The same 16 B grade David posted, I missed out on too; not once, not twice but three times!

I first saw it in an ad for a Butterfield Auction in CA. and arranged to be a phone bidder. I was in deer camp and somehow managed to time the auction. The B grade QUICKLY hit my limit and kept right on going. I got one bid in and then I was out of the running.

The next summer, we had a PGCA meeting in KY and I saw it again. It was on Jack's table and the asking price almost knocked me over. I picked it up, fondled it and put it back down. I came back several times and was warming to the idea of starting to dicker with Jack when someone walked up, paid for it and it was gone.

A few years later, it was at our PGCA meeting and entered in the banquet's gun display. It won best gun on display that year. So, I talked to the owner and then knew where it was. It was for sale and sold again some months later. I don't know where it is now?
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post: