Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Cabela's Scarborough Fine Gun Room Closed
Unread 09-13-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,369 Posts

Default Cabela's Scarborough Fine Gun Room Closed

Stopped in at Cabela's in Scarborough Maine this afternoon after shooting some sporting at the nearby F&G club to find the Fine Gun Room empty and closed. The used gun racks that were out in front of the entrance were gone as well. Store was busy and I didn't get a chance to ask a clerk what was going on. Any other Cabela's stores close their Gun Rooms?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail12.jpg (97.4 KB, 6 views)
Unread 09-13-2020, 03:43 PM   #2
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

For what its worth I was told Bass Pro is going to close out all used guns. Meaning they will not be selling or buying used guns. I was told this about two years ago in the Glendale gun room, AZ.
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #3
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,065 Posts

The local one was closed for a while; a guy at the new gun counter said they had sold so many guns that it looked really empty so they moved all the used stuff up there. He said as soon as they restocked the gun room would open back up. Sure enough; it's open now.
Unread 09-13-2020, 11:41 PM   #4
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

The last time I visited Cabelas before I left Virginia, the Fine Gun Room was stocked mostly with very average, at best, used guns. It looked more like a pawn shop than a fine gun dealer. I was trying to sell or trade a pistol. They acted like I entered the store with a nuclear warhead. After much delay and hassle, trying to find the manager to make an offer, I left. I went to my local gun shop and 15 mins later, left with cash. I love Cabelas for gear but wouldn’t buy a gun from them.
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Graziano For Your Post:
Unread 09-14-2020, 02:43 AM   #5
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Graziano View Post
The last time I visited Cabelas before I left Virginia, the Fine Gun Room was stocked mostly with very average, at best, used guns. It looked more like a pawn shop than a fine gun dealer. I was trying to sell or trade a pistol. They acted like I entered the store with a nuclear warhead. After much delay and hassle, trying to find the manager to make an offer, I left. I went to my local gun shop and 15 mins later, left with cash. I love Cabelas for gear but wouldn’t buy a gun from them.
Last time I visited the one in Richmond they had a few cobbled up doubles with horrendous prices . And right beside them were several black guns (AR’s) .
Unread 09-14-2020, 02:45 AM   #6
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

The best Cabelas gun library I ever visited was the one in Hamburg PA within a year of when that store opened . They had some fine things then along with a dozen or so lightly used or so they appeared K-80’s .
Unread 09-14-2020, 08:37 AM   #7
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I stopped by the one in Dundee a month or so ago, it was the first time I'd been there in 15 years. The library had a sign saying something to the effect that due to current market conditions the Gun Library is closed indefinitely. All used guns no matter what it is from an A1 Special to a Mossberg go through the library. When I was there we never handled black guns.
Unread 09-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #8
Michael D Hankinson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Cabeleas Grandville MI Gunroom

My local Grandville MI gun library has been closed from time to time lately, guns are still there. They are trying to hire someone with "Knowledge", can't get enough help to open it all the time. I was finally able to stop one day and itwas open. They have a 12 double that has been in stock for almost a year. I asked about price reduction and was told they don't do that anymore?? Used to reduce the price depending on the time itwas in invetory.
Michael D Hankinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2020, 09:29 AM   #9
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,801 Times in 2,014 Posts

Cabelas/BassPro seems to be taking a nosedive. The Wheeling gun room was open here, even had a couple Trojan 12's, a PH 12, and a DHE 2o. They had no-none -nada
shotgun primers, and kept trying to sell me Triple 7 primers at an exorbitant rate. They had no small game loads, like dove/quail loads in 20 ga, but I was directed to 3" mag 2's in steel shot. The distribution center for the eastern US is here in wheeling, and they had none there also.
Unread 09-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #10
Timothy Salgado
PGCA Member

Member Info

I was at the Hamburg Pa Cabelas store a couple weeks ago and they had the Gun Library almost filled again. I was there a couple months ago and it was mostly empty and the attendant told me they had all the stock from the library and the regular shelves locked up in the back due to our Covid-19 shutdown. Both areas are mostly filled, although I wouldn't be surprised if they shut down the library. The Bass Pro shop out in Harrisburg doesn't have one and the ones I've stopped at in other states don't have them either.
Timothy Salgado is offline   Reply With Quote