Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

A Message from Tom Archer
Unread 04-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,357 Times in 4,427 Posts

Default A Message from Tom Archer

Tom Archer of L.C. Smith asked me to post the following here:

As team manager for the LCSCA, I wish to extend my appreciation to all the members of the PGCA for their continued support of the LC Smith vs. Parker Challenge Event; as not many similar events of this type can claim they are still going strong after 12 years! And in making that statement please understand that the continuing success of this Event has nothing to do with its management; but rather the support of those individuals who look forward to, and attend this great Event with great anticipation year after year. The atmosphere of the Challenge Event has never been better than it is now; and although the stated goal of both sides may be to earn “bragging rights” for the next twelve months; the members of our respective organizations still share and enjoy tons of fun and great fellowship regardless the winning team. And if you’re view is similar to mine, then the LC Smith vs. Parker Challenge is one of the highlight events of the entire year; so for those PCGA members who have yet to attend, I strongly encourage you to come and experience the atmosphere and fellowship at Deep River personally. I can assure you all that you’ll not be disappointed; and that you’ll be marking your calendars for that next “last weekend in April”.

And on a personal note, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention your retiring team manager Carl Brandt. Over the course of this event Carl has become a virtual “permanent fixture”, as it seems Carl was always a member of Team Parker’s final shoot-out squad; then 4 years ago, promoted to the position of Team Parker manager, replacing a retiring Mark Conrad. It was at that point that I had my first opportunity to work directly with, and get to know Carl. Brother Carl is a gentleman, a solid shooter, and a class act; and his idea of electronically organizing sign-ups and tracking scores was the greatest time saving/event simplification idea since grits! You guys in the PGCA are most fortunate to count Carl among the faithful; and if you’d only agreed to give him a raise, he may have elected to remain! Alas, and all kidding aside, I wish to thank Carl publicly for his dedication to the Challenge Event; I sincerely appreciate his invaluable contributions, and will forever remember his simplifying my life there at Deep River. And although Carl will be missed; I seriously doubt that any rust will grow on his old Parker gun.

Moving forward I’m honored to have the privilege of working with new Team Parker manager, Mills Morrison, whom I managed to meet at this year’s Challenge Event; Mills is a gentleman and obviously a really fine individual who will do an excellent job for the PGCA. I’ve also learned that Mills is a fellow South Carolinian; so, and until I learn his SEC football allegiance, it appears we have a common bond!

Thanks again to all the fine members of the PGCA; and a special congratulations to John Truitt for winning the Top Gun award in the Challenge and runner up in the Hammer Gun Challenge Events! His was quite an exhibition of excellent shooting; and as Brother John is as fine a human being as one could ever hope to meet, I can’t name another individual more deserving. And as I close my comments with fond memories of the weekend just past, I find myself already looking forward to April, 2016. And win or lose in 2016 we love our PGCA brothers and sisters, and Team LC will always remain gracious regardless the outcome; although, and getting a bit cocky, I do believe Team LC will proclaim “four in a row” by the time the pungent gun smoke from that final 5-stand volley has wafted over the dove field next April. And until that time Friends; be safe, be prosperous, stay healthy, and good shooting!

Best regards,

Tom Archer

LCSCA
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,165 Times in 3,261 Posts

obviously a class act
Unread 04-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Many thanks to Carl for his service in managing this event for Team Parker. Carl, we look forward to seeing you back in the mix shooting in this event next year. Mills, I know you'll do an outstanding job with this event and I appreciate you stepping up and taking on this "challenge". Congratulations to team LC Smith on their victories this year.

Mike
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike.Smith For Your Post:
Unread 04-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
ForrestArmstrong
Forum Associate

Member Info

My first shotgun was an LC Smith. My grandfather took me to Glenn Slade's Freeway Gun Shop in Houston day after Christmas 1959.