Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Man's Best Friend

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
It Really DOES Happen...
Unread 06-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Default It Really DOES Happen...

These pictures will be very disturbing to anyone who loves dogs.

The man (scum) who owns the dam and the litter has been turned in to the local authorities (by a telephone call from yours truly) and has been advised of the several statutes he has violated in the manner in which he "provides" for the pups.

Kathy and I arrived home last night after a day at the beach and a lobster and steak party with some 400-500 people. We got home at about 8:45 p.m. and soon became aware of the distressed screams of a puppy.

The guy lives up the road from us and we knew he had bred his GSP "Nellie" a while back and that she delivered 9 pups almost two months ago. This guy is NOT someone we socialize with and in fact, the neighborhood hasn't been the same nice little community since he moved in about fifteen years ago.

Kathy and I immediately went to his house to find out why the puppies were screaming, only to find that he wasn't home and the pups were without food and clean water. It took us a while but with Nellie's help we found the problem.... One of the puppies escaped the poorly constructed makeshift chicken wire enclosure (which was less than 2 feet high in some places - certainly not high enough to keep coyotes or fishers out.

The pup had wandered away to the top of his stairs leading down from his upper yard where the "kennel" was, to a deck about 10 feet below. The puppy had apparently gone through an opening in the railing at the top but somehow hadn't got its head through and had slipped down the embankment with his head stuck on the other side... right down to the bottom of the stairs. He had obviously been stuck for hours judging by all the dirt dug up on the side where his body and legs were.
We found him just in time... he was throwing up and was very weak. We had to slide him carefully all the way back up the 10 feet to the top where it was wide enough to get his head out.

We see this kind of abuse on television and wonder if some of it is made up..... We, I'm here to tell you - It Really DOES Happen!!

(Poor picture quality because of low light and lack of a flash)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5015.jpg (497.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5014.jpg (413.6 KB, 2 views)

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: