Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 04-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #21
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

Good luck. I got a new call today so maybe that will be the charm
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #22
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Took my oldest son and he had a great time, but is having trouble with the be still and don't talk part. Still had a good time. Fun to watch Mills having a good time in the woods. Was an excuse to go to Lester's BBQ which made the trip worthwhile by itself
Unread 04-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #23
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

boy its hard to set still at your son s age to many distractions my to be young again..i m really glad your takeing your boys hunting with you..i was nearly grown before i got to go turkey hunting.. this morning it was cold here i got into the woods just rite but i never heard a single gobble..i set my decoys out in a soybean field i could see the field good an i had a small creek also that i could see over...it was a excellant spot...all at once i seen a big black object as daylight appered i says to myself looks like a turkey thats blowed up.well as daylihgt got better i could clearly see that it was not a turkey it turned out to be a cow there musta been 40 of them.the cows were suppose to be on the other side of the creek they musta found a hole in the fence..well i figured they would not scare the turkeys off since i have seen them both together before..then more company came by boy was i having a field day abot 25 geese big canadians came and landed in front of me you could not have heard a turkey if it hada been setting by ya...them geese sure had a lot of gabbing to do and were they noisey...well i got my call out after the geese quieted down i gave a few loud calls and boy was that a mistake all the cows came over and gave my decoys a looking over the geese started up again and this went on for a while.the cows left and the geese picked up and flew and charlie done the same..i went to a coupla more spots and called but no turkeys were seen or heard...but all in all a good day afield was had by me...going in the morning before church maybe i ll hear one... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #24
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Looks like it is going to rain today. I am going to try to get out without them some so I have a chance of getting one.

Mills was just fascinated by the woods yesterday and wanted to explore. That is a good thing as it was really beautiful. We were on a pine ridge with the Savannah River swamp just beyond us.
Unread 04-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #25
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

what a sight that must have been..i hunted from 5-30 till 7-30 this morning with no luck i can not think of any mirrows i have broken lately...good luck...charlie
Unread 04-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #26
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

raining here maybe it will slack off after awhile..some of my best hunting has been done in the rain...charlie
Unread 04-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #27
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

well to day i was up at 4.30 sharpgot my dinner packed and rest of my turkey gear loaded and noticed that the winshield was frozen over and was so foggy that seeing was a problem..so back in the house and got a pan of warm water and used it to defrost the winshield and other windows..yeah i need to fix the fan motor...so soon we were at the big beanfield now just a half mile walk onver a muddy field and i was at my little blind...the fog finally lifted and across the field i seen a turkey yep a sure enough turkey.. i had my binoculars with me but the turkey was quite at a distance maybe 300 yards but i could tell that it did not have a large beard but thought just maybe it will have a 6 inch beard which is legal in miss. ... it took that bird over 2 hours to make its way over too me and my dummy decoy hen..well at 10 yards i could plainly see this bird had no beard at all..after 30 minutes of the bird trying to get the hen decoy to talk to him he finally gave up on that stuck up hen who was ny talking to him..i then broke out the lunch a finer meal no king ever had..i had a can of viennas a whole pack of crackers a bottle of water and a little debbie s cupcake for desert...it was 1.00pm at this time i was through with dinner so i settled in and was waiting on the big gobbler to show up..well nothing showed up but the canadian honkers.. i guess i then kinda got to relaxed the sun was sure nice and warm next thing i knowed i was woke up by a big clap of thunder...yes sir ole man sun had left and a full blown thunder storm was up on me..i gathered up my gear and cut out for the truckthat field looked to be a mile across..well i mayed it to the truck just as i opened the door on the truck the bottom fell out.yep raining hard..one thing for sure a thunder storm will get your heart rate up in a hurry acrossing a muddy bean field and a carry all that gear...anyway it beats being at work...charlie
Unread 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #28
Angel Cruz Ortiz
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,176 Times in 484 Posts

Charlie, what are your hunting hours in ole Miss? We can only hunt till noon in the spring.
I'm giving up on the Big Cypress swamp and trying a different place come Saturday.
Unread 04-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #29
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

angel our hunting hours are from daylight to sundown..pretty good hours..i m gonna go after them again in the morning but its raining at the moment i ve not had many good hours to hunt..maybe tommorrow my luck will change...charlie
Unread 04-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #30
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,549 Times in 504 Posts

Charlie: Enjoy your hunting stories, so keep at it and you will have your big Turkey before you know it. Thomas
Thomas L. Benson Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote