Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 03-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #11
Jim DiSpagno
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 2,573 Times in 774 Posts

One option, is to donate it to The PGCA along with the history and stories that go with it. That way it will be around for as long as this association. Just a thought. Jim
Jim DiSpagno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim DiSpagno For Your Post:
Grandpa's Parker
Unread 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Gordon Holman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Grandpa's Parker

Hi Jim,
Yes, that is an idea that is worth consideration. We did a similar thing with contributions of assets for the upcoming St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital fund raising effort on 4/6/13. If someone from the organization would care to tell me how that is done I will give it further thought.

Thanks,
Gordon
Gordon Holman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
Mike McKinney
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Gordon,

Most of us here really hope you can find a family member who will cherish the gun and the heritage that goes with it.

The thought of a donation to PGCA is good, and would be welcomed, I suspect, I'm sure any of our BOD would be proud to discuss your wishes and also what the procedure and conditions for acceptance would be.

Also, I believe you are possibly struggling with a price range, which is sometimes difficult to assertain and would have some differences according to who is looking at the gun. David Dwyer that you originally spoke to has a good eye as well as others who will steer you correctly. Once you have established a price you can post in the for sale items. I believe it is important to you for the new caretaker to have knowledge and interest in your gun and story for the long term, not just another gun to sell or trade away. Many of us love the 16 even if its not a pristine collectors piece, my point is, when you get to that point which is at value it will sell to someone who wants to keep it for the intended use and their pleasure, which in a way will carry the legacy as you want it to be.

Hope this helps,
mike
Mike McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike McKinney For Your Post:
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #14
Gordon Holman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for your comments Mike. I believe I have come to fair price for the VH 16 and once I have some good clean photos I will post it for sale. Yes, I would like it to go to someone who might appreciate its prior ownership but ultimately, with the sale of anything, once the deal is done it is up to the new buyer as to how that article will be used or modified.

Thanks again, Gordon
Gordon Holman is offline   Reply With Quote