Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Similar problem
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
Jim_Peasley
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Similar problem

I've got a GH like Glenns, but with Damascus barrels and like Glenn, I can't remove the barrels from the stock.
What's the deal with the spring loaded stud sticking out the right hand side? Is this somehow related to removing the barrels? It is the only thing that changes position when removing the forend.
Jim_Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Glenn,

The members above are correct in what they are saying. I would only add one comment just to make sure you are on the same page. In your description you listed the 3-11 as 3 inch. Mike correctly covered it as the unstruck barrel weight. I just don't want you to think for a second it means you can shoot 3 inch shells, which are very common, in your gun. I have been to Chagrin Falls a couple of times and love the town. It is very pretty there. Possibly there is a PGCA member who lives close by who might show you how to disassemble the barrels from the receiver if you have not already done so. It is pretty simple.

Dennis
Dennis V. Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
Glenn
Forum Associate

Member Info

@ Jim_Peasley - I think this part just activate the ejectors. Doesn't help removing the barrels for me either.

@ Dennis - I have figured out how to remove the barrels but had to disassemble it to get at the mechanism. It shouldn't be that hard! None of the gun shops in the area have been able to help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM001260-2.jpg (556.0 KB, 1 views)
Glenn Faroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,795 Times in 3,967 Posts

the barrels on my old p h 10 ga will not let the barrels come off with just takeing the forearm off...i did what the boys said..take forearm off.. push the safety up to on and pull the triggers to drop the hammers..then unbritch gun barrels should come right off mine do...if they still want come undone the cocking hook has to be stuck pretty good...if so then you need help use brian dudlys diagrah to help you disasemble the gun..that is if you are mechanically inclined but be very careful about the screw s use proper screwdriver tips..if unsure of self get help from someone familar with the parker gun.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote