Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

New Parker member acquisition story
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Fritz Freeman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New Parker member acquisition story

My father left me his Parker 20 gauge VH double in its original case.The story of how he acquired it is one he loved to tell. He was with a coating company and Remington Arms needed to solve a coating problem they had. He solved their problem in fast order and in addition to his fee they gave him a new Remington 870 wing master 12 gauge shotgun. Being a Belgium Browning user and collector he put it in the closet. He gave the gun to his best friend for a Christmas present. His friend disappeared the day after Christmas and no one had heard from him. He was reported missing and authorities tracked him to Las Vegas and then San Diego. On Jan. 3rd someone found him at his fishing cabin. He had committed suicide with the Remington shotgun. His wife gave the gun back to my dad. Dad organized a quail hunt and invited one of his salesmen. The salesman had only old double barrel and Dad offered to trade him the Remington sight unseen for his old double. It was in an old beat up Leg o mutton case and Dad didn't even look at it. My father a weird sense of humor and told the salesman the gun had been fired only once but it was lethal. Sometime much later he looked at his trade it was a mint condition 20 gauge Parker double. He kept it in his safe unused for years until it was passed to me.
Fritz Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fritz Freeman For Your Post: