Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 01-30-2024, 08:41 AM   #31
tom tutwiler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quick story on Ed. I was in a small gunshop in Leesburg Va many years ago and I believe the name was Nimrod. It had a bunch of high end doubles. Most from Europe and England as I recall, but a few Parkers and other things. I had just come back from Germany so the year must have been about 1989. Anyway, I walked in and the owner was with a gentleman and they were both looking at a vintage book. I asked if I could look around and the owner said sure. Anyway, poking around and there was a pile of books on one table and they were all Ed's book "Old Reliable". I was not a Parker guy at the time, but I certainly knew of Parker shotguns. Picked up the book and looked at the back cover and of course there was Ed's picture. I looked at for a few minutes and thought I know that guy and was trying to figure out from where.

Looked back at the front where the owner and Ed were talking and suddenly realized that the fellow on the back cover was sitting right there. Anyway, waited until their was a break in the conversation and slid up there and asked if he indeed was the fellow on the back cover and he said yes. Anyway, I bought the book and was about to leave the store and he stopped me and asked me if I wanted him to autograph the book and I said sure. Still have it of course on the bookshelf. Pretty neat story.
tom tutwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tom tutwiler For Your Post:
Unread 01-30-2024, 10:02 AM   #32
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,870 Times in 4,754 Posts

Ed's son, or was it his son in law, lived right outside of Leesburg, east of town off Route 15. Ed spent a bit of time there. The Nimrod was a fun little store, long gone now.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote