Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

Unread 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
John Gerbino
Forum Associate

Member Info

Following up on my earlier post regarding my lost beavertail forend SN #91320. A fellow member contacted me and told of a beavertail forend being offered on one of the gun brokerage websites. it was listed for $200. on April 17, 2011, from Florida, where my forend went missing. The fellow asked to see a photograph of my forend, which I sent and he said it looked very similar to the one offered for sale. He asked the seller for the serial number and did not get a reply. Unfortunately he could not go back on his computer to track the seller's email information.

I have been asked the name of the gunsmith who last handled my 2 sets of barrels and placed them in their gun socks, secured them with string and handed them back to me.
Unfortunately i returned the unopened gun socks to my gun safe without looking inside.
The gunsmith is Nelson Wait, at the time he was a tenant at Gator Gun in West Palm Beach. He has since moved to Okeechobee Shooting Sports. The other gunsmith present was Glen Crawford who retained the West Palm Beach location. Both gunsmiths say that the forends were not with the barrels when I brought them in to have the barrel chokes measured. The police have contacted three online gun brokers with the information provided and no record of a Parker beavertail forend has been found. EBAY has been uncooperative and we are still pursuing their records.
I am hoping the Parker owner or the gunsmith who unknowingly purchased my forend will
respect the integrity of my 112 year-old shotgun and return the forend. i will gladly reimburse double whatever the buyers expenses were, with no questions asked.

John Gerbino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Gerbino For Your Post:
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,399 Times in 3,074 Posts

That just plain sucks. I know there are a lot of scumbags out there, but if you can't trust the gunsmiths, what's next ? Ebay is the absolute worst when it comes to helping anyone but themselves.
If it helps, I know a guy who has several BT fore end woods. Unfortuantely, the latches and irons are not with them, but it's a start if nothing else turns up on your originals.
edgarspencer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
John Gerbino
Forum Associate

Member Info

Edgar,

I appreciate your concern and reply. I would be very interested in speaking to the fellow who has the forend wood. I know another Parker collector who says he has the iron but not the wood. So it is worth trying to build a replacement for the one I lost.

Thank you,
John
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,399 Times in 3,074 Posts

I just PMd you the contact info.
edgarspencer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #15
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,718 Posts

John, I would suggest that the place to look is the April 2011 listing on that "gun site". That sounds like it is probably your forend.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #16
John Gerbino
Forum Associate

Member Info

Biil,

I appreciate your concern and reply. The Palm Beach Sheriff officially contacted three of the online gun brokerages, they researched their files with no success. EBAY would not cooperate. I've asked one more online resource to check their records, and we are waiting for a reply.

Happy Thanksgiving,

John Gerbino