Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

Request for Parker Pages Material
Unread 09-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Default Request for Parker Pages Material

The October 15 deadline for the submission of material for the Winter Issue of Parker Pages is quickly closing in on us.

We really have very little stockpiled and would like to build up our reserves of feature articles, stories of shooters and owners of Parkers and special hunts as well as in-depth technical articles. Book reviews of books both new and old pertaining to our beloved shooting sports, dogs, sportsmen and women etc. are always a welcome addition to each issue too.

Parkers Found
Please remember to send Josh Lowensteiner, joshloew79@aol.com a short note, with the serial number, about your Parker that is unique or unusual, a 'first known' or 'last known' or a Parker with a particular feature, etc.

Parkers Afieldand Forum Recipes are two topic pages we have introduced in the Fall Issue and we would like to continue accepting contributions in these categories for all future issues. It was not an easy task to fill the 48 page format with enough material for the Fall Issue and each issue lately has been a bit of a challenge. We simply need more material from members.

We encourage everyone to send articles, stories, pictorial essays on a special Parker, recent shoots and events where there was a PGCA membership present even if it wasn't a sanctioned PGCA event.

In short, we need your contributions of material for every issue of Parker Pages so that we may continue to provide the finest gun collectors "newsletter" or rather, Journal in the country to our membership.
It is only through the material provided by the membership that Parker Pages excels.

Please send your contributions to dsromig@aol.com

As a small token of our thanks you will receive three additional copies of Parker Pages for the issue that contains your contribution as well as a very nice "Parker Pages Contributor" lapel pin and your name added to the Contributors List printed in Parker Pages.

Thanks very much, Dean

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1068.JPG (225.0 KB, 3 views)
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,143 Times in 830 Posts

I have gotten a couple of neat Parkers Found for the Winter issue. Keep 'em coming.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Josh Loewensteiner For Your Post:
Unread 09-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

It's been a week since I first posted this request and I have one offer to date.

Please send your contributions of articles, stories and pictures to me at dsromig@aol.com
or call me to discuss your thoughts and ideas about what you are planning to send. 978-621-9338 (cell)
978-475-2485 (home, eves.)

Thanks Very Much,
Dean
Unread 09-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

This evening I have sent two seperate e-mails to all of the Associate and Contributing Editors listed in the Parker Pages Masthead. Both times I received returned mail notifications that there were errors in some of the e-mail addresses.
If any of you gentlemen received two identical e-mails I apologize.

Does anyone know Tom Flanigan's e-mail address? Please PM me with your answer to protect his privacy.
Unread 09-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Dean, his email is on the "About PGCA" link page. As far as I know it is correct?
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

That e-mail address came back twice as "undeliverable".

If anyone has any information on Tom Flanigan please send me a PM for privacy reasons.
Response for Parker Pages
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Steve E. Faber
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Response for Parker Pages

Dean,

I am new to the forum and not yet a PGCA member, but I do own an 1899 VH 12 ga that I have written a couple of stories about. I have never heard of or seen Parker Pages before today, so I don't really know what you're even looking for. One story is about two of my dogs and I shooting blue quail in southern Colorado a few years ago. It is 1755 words with a few pictures. The other one is a story i wrote about the same gun, from the gun's perspective. It is nearly 6000 words with pictures, as well. I have sold a couple of stories in my very part time writing career, but at 61 am a novice. Mark Herwig at Quail/Pheasants Forever bought one for their Summer 2011 QU Magazine. Tom Carney bought one for The Upland Almanac, Summer 2011 edition.

Let me know if you have interest in reading either story on the Parker.

Sincerely,

Steve E. Faber
stevef@nofencesland.com
Steve E. Faber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Hello Steve and welcome to the PGCA website and forum.

I would be glad to have you send me your stories and pictures, and more, we would be delighted if you would join the PGCA. By doing so you will receive our quarterly publication, Parker Pages as well as gaining the keys to the "Members Only" sections of our website and forum. Parker Pages is a handsome glossy, forty-eight page magazine with full-color sections showcasing interesting and important Parker shotguns and PGCA events. I'm certain you will agree that the knowledge gained from Parker Pages alone is worth the price of admission.

Right up front, Steve, I must tell you that all material in Parker Pages is donated freely by the PGCA members as we are not in a position to compensate authors for their articles and stories. You will note however, earlier in this thread I posted a picture of the lapel pin which is given to each and every contributor to Parker Pages.

You may send your contributions to me at dsromig@aol.com and please send pictures in a seperate e-mail, not embedded within your stories.

We thank you in advance for your generous contributions.

Best Regards, Dean
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Dean check your PM's. Is that contributor pin new? I have yet to see one
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

No, it's not new. Austin introduced them three years ago at the Annual Meeting in Maryland.

You'll be receiving yours soon... Oh, and thank you very much for your fine contribution to the Fall Issue of Parker Pages. I received mine today and Robin called to say he had received his as well.
You are a very good writer and I'm sure everyone will enjoy reading your story "The Life and Times of No. 140102" it is very entertaining. Along with the Contributor pin you'll also be receiving extra copies of the Fall Issue of Parker Pages.

Again, Thanks Rich and I hope you continue to write and send a contribution from time to time.

Best, Dean