Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

AYA 12 Skeet
Unread 03-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Marty K.
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default AYA 12 Skeet

I have run across an older over and under 3 barrel skeet gun that belonged to a Ruth Atwood....the gun is in it's original case and I believe it to be 30's vintage....I didn't find out too much about her yet but the gun is beautiful and available...her name is in gold in front of the trigger guard...She apparently has been all over the world shooting..as the stickers on her stock and on her case state...only have a couple of pictures.... thoughts on her or approximate value of the gun? Gun is in remarkable condition...thanks for any information...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9493.jpeg (164.5 KB, 11 views)
There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be payed heavily for their acquiring...They are the very simplest things and because it takes a man's life to know them the little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave.......E. Hemmingway
Marty Kohler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marty Kohler For Your Post:
Unread 03-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #2
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

Need more then one picture
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
AYA Skeet
Unread 03-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
Marty K.
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default AYA Skeet

More pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9537.jpeg (181.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpeg 9541.jpeg (127.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg 9493.jpeg (164.5 KB, 5 views)
There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be payed heavily for their acquiring...They are the very simplest things and because it takes a man's life to know them the little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave.......E. Hemmingway
AYA Skeet
Unread 03-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
Marty K.
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default AYA Skeet

Barrels are also marked 1, 2 or 3 in Gold
Unread 03-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #5
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

Marty—it appears to be a Model 37 AYA. These were true sidelocks and are faithful copies of the Merkel 303 model. I’ve owned a number of them over the last 40 years, including several in 20ga. They are difficult to sell and don’t command a high price considering that they are sidelocks. The interest factor is low. Obviously the 20 bores sell much better. From the pictures it appears to have a short LOP, so keep that in mind if you decide you gotta have it. Restocking is not a feasible option. Despite higher asking prices you might encounter, I’d suspect that 2500-3000 is the limit on this gun with one set of barrels. The other barrels, to me, would be worth something in the range of $7-800 a set. That’s my take on values from my experience. Others may differ, but the current market for 12 bore field/Skeet guns, especially offbeat ones, is very soft.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Davis For Your Post:
Unread 03-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

If it's a 20 I think Bill is in the ballpark except I would place the extra two sets of barrels around 800 to 1000 so in total $3300 to $4000. If it's a 12 walk away
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
AYA Skeet
Unread 03-07-2019, 11:26 PM   #7
Marty K.
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default AYA Skeet

Bill and Eric ....Thank you very much for taking the time to give me your thoughts....it is very much appreciated....gun is very pretty and made well but.... Thanks again, Marty
Unread 03-08-2019, 07:41 AM   #8
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,784 Times in 4,718 Posts

What gauges are the barrels? The stickers usually suggest a pigeon gun.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #9
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Whats the Winchester??
Unread 03-08-2019, 03:01 PM   #10
Marty K.
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default AYA

Bill.....The other Barrels are also 12 gauge...I have a request to AYA for info regarding Ruth Atwood ..(I do not have serial number at this time)

Rich....The Winchester is an 1886......38-56....Thoughts?

Marty