Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
16 GH Project
Unread 05-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,178 Times in 632 Posts

Default 16 GH Project

I just got this 16 gauge GH with 28” damascus barrels made in 1889. It’s on a #1 frame and the weight from the research letter is 7lbs 4oz. Also from the letter: LOP 14 ½ Drop at heel is 3 ¼” chokes are both 145 pellets at 45 yards which I am assuming will be IM or F.

It needs some TLC, but I am hoping to bring it back and it should make a nice shooter. I am not sure if the stock can be saved, I don’t have any other pieces, just what is in the pictures.

I believe everything has been hot blued, given the 2 weep holes under the forend. The fit of the barrels to the frame does seem exactly right though the gun is tight(opens and closes as it should). Everything seems to be there, the internal hammers works. The bores are good. I have some extra screws/parts that I believe go to the safety.

What should I do? Is this a good restock candidate? I could try to find a 1 frame stock. I would like to get the barrels refinished as this is my first damascus 16. I would also like to remove the bluing from the receiver and forend pieces. Then I could re-case color those or leave them as is, silver/white.

I do think this gun deserves to be fixed and put back in service. I am looking forward to that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GHa.jpg (138.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg GHb.jpg (166.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg GH1.jpg (133.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg GH2.jpg (53.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GH3.jpg (128.8 KB, 3 views)
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: